Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 won't turn on unless at least 1 tuner is connected to the dish LNB?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pclausen

pclausen

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:43 AM

So I took my HR20 over to a friends house to play back some content that I had recorded to compare the picture quality of his cable service.

Well, the unit apparently has some sort of sensor that won't allow it to boot up unless it senses an active satellite signal.

Is this really the case?

If so, is there a way to trick it into turning on anyway so that I can access my recorded content without actually being connected to anything but power (and a display of course.)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jonaswan2

jonaswan2

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:45 AM

Yep that's the case with all Plus DVRs (the R15 and HR20), and no there is no trick to get around it.

#3 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:45 AM

So I took my HR20 over to a friends house to play back some content that I had recorded to compare the picture quality of his cable service.

Well, the unit apparently has some sort of sensor that won't allow it to boot up unless it senses an active satellite signal.

Is this really the case?

If so, is there a way to trick it into turning on anyway so that I can access my recorded content without actually being connected to anything but power (and a display of course.)

As of right now yes that is the case. Directv tried to fix the problem about 2 or 3 months ago in a CE update but it did not work at all so they pulled it. I assume they are still working on fixing they problem.

#4 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,988 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:00 PM

the trouble is the loss of power and signal. You can pull that off if you put it on a battery back up and carry both at the same time to your friends house.

#5 OFFLINE   pclausen

pclausen

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for confirming this. The UPS idea would work although it would be a real pain.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...