Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Please, tell us why you havent joined DBSTalk.com

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jheda

jheda

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:47 PM

I just became aware of the fact a low percentage of registered users are clubmembers. The $15 membership goes such a long way to improve the server, etc, and enhance your exprience greatly. Yet so many of you register, post and dont join for the nominal fee.

As another poster said, If you're looking for reliable information about DTV or sat tv generally, where else would you eventually wind up? When you experience a problem with DTV subscription you go here before you call DTV. Not to diss the CSRs at DTV, but most of the folk who post here know SO much more about what's going on than the typical CSR at DTV does.

The Mods understandably wont push the issue. Perhaps I can. For the price of a few lattes, make this site better.

Or tell me why you havent?

JHEDA

we miss you EARL

[SIZE="2"]Hr-24
Hr21-700 
Sony kds60a2000 yamaha 750 DD5.1 via components
Samsung DVD player via hdmi..r10 in playroom:)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cygnusloop

cygnusloop

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:00 PM

Just signed up. Have been intending to for a while, just never got around to it. Thanks for the nudge.

#3 OFFLINE   jheda

jheda

DBSTalk Club Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

more important, thanks for joining!!!!

Just signed up. Have been intending to for a while, just never got around to it. Thanks for the nudge.

JHEDA

we miss you EARL

[SIZE="2"]Hr-24
Hr21-700 
Sony kds60a2000 yamaha 750 DD5.1 via components
Samsung DVD player via hdmi..r10 in playroom:)

#4 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

As a matter of fact, I tried to join this morning. The page said I could use "Paypal" or plastic. No choice for plastic I could find and I don't want to use Paypal. Please advise. Thanks.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#5 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:08 PM

Here's a couple of guesses...

1. A lot of people come here trying to figure out how to get as much as they can from D at low/no cost. The same line of thinking is going to apply to DBSTalk. They can get it for free....they're not going to pay.

2. It has been a bit since I joined, but availability of a membership and it's benefits were not "obviously" presented. I think I figured out there was a membership from the "DBS Club Member" under someone's avatar and went looking for it.

#6 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:11 PM

No one has to justify to anyone on why they are, or are not a member of DBSTalk Club.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...