Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RF Remote problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scottzee

Scottzee

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

Thanks in advance for any advice...

When I program the remote (that came with my HR20) to RF I experience a huge letdown in reliability with the HR20. Long delays in between pressing a remote button and the system responding, pressing a button twice and having it respond as if I'd hit it five times, etc.

Just me? And if so, do you think it would be a remote issue or an HR20 issue?

Thanks,
Scott Z.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ffmaniac

ffmaniac

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:21 PM

Thanks in advance for any advice...

When I program the remote (that came with my HR20) to RF I experience a huge letdown in reliability with the HR20. Long delays in between pressing a remote button and the system responding, pressing a button twice and having it respond as if I'd hit it five times, etc.

Just me? And if so, do you think it would be a remote issue or an HR20 issue?

Thanks,
Scott Z.

Which remote do you have?

#3 OFFLINE   Scottzee

Scottzee

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:27 PM

Which remote do you have?

How do you know (is there a number somewhere)? It came in the box with the HR20...

#4 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:35 PM

I have been less than impressed with the performance of the remote with my HR20 (which I just got installed Friday).

So today I ordered one of these:
http://www.buy.com/p.../201967610.html

It has gotten very good reviews at Buy.com and Amazon.com.

#5 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,850 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

How do you know (is there a number somewhere)? It came in the box with the HR20...

Look at the upper left on the remote RC-??
What model HR-20? -700 or -100?
A.K.A VOS

#6 OFFLINE   qubit

qubit

Legend

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:08 AM

I have RC34 and RC32 and both worked perfectly with my HR20-700 but when I got the HR20-100 I've seeing performance like you described. So I don't think it is a remote problem but rather some sort of receiver problem.

#7 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,850 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:35 AM

I have RC34 and RC32 and both worked perfectly with my HR20-700 but when I got the HR20-100 I've seeing performance like you described. So I don't think it is a remote problem but rather some sort of receiver problem.

The RC-32 isn't RF capable.
A.K.A VOS

#8 OFFLINE   Scottzee

Scottzee

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

It's an RC34. I'm at work and didn't think to check what HR20 version I have.
What's strange about this is that it doesn't seem to be a problem of the remote signal reaching the receiver. I push a button on the remote and the receiver light flickers instantly like it got the signal. But then the receiver takes a long time to respond, and freezes. Or the worst, I will push a button twice (like FFx2) and the receiver will FFx4. I went back to IR and the receiver works fine.

#9 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,850 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:42 AM

It's an RC34. I'm at work and didn't think to check what HR20 version I have.
What's strange about this is that it doesn't seem to be a problem of the remote signal reaching the receiver. I push a button on the remote and the receiver light flickers instantly like it got the signal. But then the receiver takes a long time to respond, and freezes. Or the worst, I will push a button twice (like FFx2) and the receiver will FFx4. I went back to IR and the receiver works fine.

Others have the same problem. I use RF without the problem.
There is some test software out that is looking into improving the remote.
Best I can say is to try it after the next software update and see if it works better.
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...