Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2 Remotes work 1 HR20?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CHDinCT

CHDinCT

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:01 PM

I'm sure this can be done, but I don't know how. I have two TVs hooked up to my HR20, my main HDTV and a second 13" set on an ajoining porch which is fed via an old VCR (HR20 > VCR > TV set). I also happen to have an extra remote for my upstairs H20.

What I want to do is use the extra H20 remote to operate the small 13" TV AND the HR20, while leaving my original HR20 remote to operate the box and my HDTV. I've already coded the extra remote to work the 13" TV, but I can't figure out how to set it up to work the DVR also. Is there a code sequence for the HR20 itself somewhere? Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:17 PM

See this thread for information on setting up the remote to control a second HR20. The code and procedure should help you do what you need ...

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=79330

#3 OFFLINE   CHDinCT

CHDinCT

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:49 AM

See this thread for information on setting up the remote to control a second HR20. The code and procedure should help you do what you need ...

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=79330

Thanks. Was able to set up the second remote with the 0001 code set to operate the HR20 (via RF) from the porch. Makes for some interesting potential practical jokes. I'm suddenly feeling an urge to mess with my wife's head :hurah:

#4 OFFLINE   tfederov

tfederov

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:59 AM

Thanks. Was able to set up the second remote with the 0001 code set to operate the HR20 (via RF) from the porch. Makes for some interesting potential practical jokes. I'm suddenly feeling an urge to mess with my wife's head :hurah:

Do that at your own risk! It was funny till I was busted.....:grin:
- Tony

SWiM16, H21-100, H23-600, H21-700 w/AM21, HR24-500, HR24-100 w/AM21, (3) HR20-700
All receivers networked via DECA
MediaShare using TVersity on Win 7 VM over Mac Snow Leopard

#5 OFFLINE   CHDinCT

CHDinCT

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:36 AM

Do that at your own risk! It was funny till I was busted.....:grin:

Ahh, the price a man will pay for a few laughs - the practical joking starts tonight! Will be interesting to see how long it takes for her to figure it out. :lol:

#6 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,401 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:38 AM

Ahh, the price a man will pay for a few laughs - the practical joking starts tonight! Will be interesting to see how long it takes for her to figure it out. :lol:

Plan you get used to staying on the couch. :hurah:
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall