Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NFL Sunday Ticket Package Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spykedvodka

spykedvodka

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:45 AM

Ok -- I don't have DirecTV, I had Dish. Unfortunately due to my mother-in-law being very ill, we've had to relocate to Mexico temporarily, which will probably turn out to be around a year, but we don't think more than two...

Bottom line is we got Sky hooked up at our house here in Mexico. They offer the same NFL Sunday Football Package that DirecTV offers in the States, so I figured this would be an appropriate place to post my question.

Does the NFL Sunday Football Package include the Sunday Night Games? I know they are on NBC I believe, but where we are at in Mexico (Tijuana), south of San Diego, we are only able to pick up the San Diego Fox channel not the NBC Affiliate... So when I purchased the NFL Package, is there a good chance I'll be able to watch my Eagles on their Sunday Night Games or am I going to have to listen to them on my Sirius Satellite Radio (which receives the signal in Mexico by the way, at least as south as Ensenada).

Any help would be great as I wouldn't want to miss a game when they start (my car is parked in a different location as if I had it with me in our house it would get stolen, so this would help me as far as planning my days on Sunday).

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Koz

Koz

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:09 AM

Sunday Ticket in the US with D* only gives you out of market games. (for example, if local CBS is showing a game, it's blacked out on Sunday Ticket) As such, virtually everyone in the US is "in market" for the NBC Sunday Night game, therefore, it's not on Sunday Ticket.

You have a unique problem. I would suggest contacting Sky to find out if they provide the NBC games.

#3 OFFLINE   spykedvodka

spykedvodka

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:13 AM

I contacted Sky, they have no clue... They just say (in their English speaking customer service & the Spanish one - I'm bi-lingual) "You get all the football games", but these people aren't informed at all and didn't know much than just that "you get all the football games". It may be a new service this year. That's interesting though about the Blackout Part, I never knew that. So since I'm not in a local market, but an International Market, I wonder if it would be available or not.

#4 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:12 AM

Sunday Ticket is only the 1pm and 4pm games from Fox and CBS.

You might want to check the local networks there in Mexico. NFL is pretty big down there and some local station may indeed carry the Sunday night game.

#5 OFFLINE   spykedvodka

spykedvodka

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:42 PM

Yeah I guess I'll just have to wait for the first Sunday Night game to find out the answer, maybe they'll have it (too bad it'll probably be in Spanish though - I hate TV in Spanish)... Thanks for the replies.

#6 OFFLINE   DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:09 PM

Yeah I guess I'll just have to wait for the first Sunday Night game to find out the answer, maybe they'll have it (too bad it'll probably be in Spanish though - I hate TV in Spanish)... Thanks for the replies.

Not trying to be wise here, but since you can hit the SAP button in the U.S. for the Spanish audio, can you do it for English in South America?
DirecTV since 2001, NFLST, EI, and as of 2/8/07, new AU-9 with 2 HR20-700S (1 HDMI, 1 component/RCA), 6X8 multiswitch, and Samsung LNS3252D 32" LCD...eSata Seagate 750GB...12/30/07 new HR20-700S component connected to Phillips 42PFL5332D 42" LCD and HDMI to a little 20" Dynex LCD

#7 OFFLINE   spykedvodka

spykedvodka

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:15 AM

Not really. Some channels have it, but they are mostly English Channels. You have to remember - Mexico doesn't have 30 Million Americans in Mexico like the US has with Latinos. The channels that have the SAP function are the American (or somewhat American Channels) like FOX (although not a local Fox Channels, it just shows programs like the Simpsons, Bones - and not when they are on in the US, they debut the new episodes a few weeks after they air in the US) and the Sony Channel and HBO, MTV (although MTV has Subtitles in Spanish and some programming like the News is exclusively in Spanish). With the actual Mexican channels or Latino Channels there is really no SAP function - it's all in Spanish with the occasional program in English with Subtitles.

#8 OFFLINE   Dazed & Confused

Dazed & Confused

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:01 AM

Not really. Some channels have it, but they are mostly English Channels. You have to remember - Mexico doesn't have 30 Million Americans in Mexico like the US has with Latinos. The channels that have the SAP function are the American (or somewhat American Channels) like FOX (although not a local Fox Channels, it just shows programs like the Simpsons, Bones - and not when they are on in the US, they debut the new episodes a few weeks after they air in the US) and the Sony Channel and HBO, MTV (although MTV has Subtitles in Spanish and some programming like the News is exclusively in Spanish). With the actual Mexican channels or Latino Channels there is really no SAP function - it's all in Spanish with the occasional program in English with Subtitles.

I don't know if that was intended to be funny, but I laughed my a** off:lol:

#9 OFFLINE   spykedvodka

spykedvodka

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:45 AM

Well, it wasn't intended to be funny, but I guess it kinda is... It's also probably true.

#10 OFFLINE   AstroDad

AstroDad

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

Not trying to be wise here, but since you can hit the SAP button in the U.S. for the Spanish audio, can you do it for English in South America?

off topic, but you do realize that Mexico is not in South America, right :D :confused:

#11 OFFLINE   stiffi

stiffi

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:43 PM

Ok -- I don't have DirecTV, I had Dish. Unfortunately due to my mother-in-law being very ill, we've had to relocate to Mexico temporarily, which will probably turn out to be around a year, but we don't think more than two...

Bottom line is we got Sky hooked up at our house here in Mexico. They offer the same NFL Sunday Football Package that DirecTV offers in the States, so I figured this would be an appropriate place to post my question.

Does the NFL Sunday Football Package include the Sunday Night Games? I know they are on NBC I believe, but where we are at in Mexico (Tijuana), south of San Diego, we are only able to pick up the San Diego Fox channel not the NBC Affiliate... So when I purchased the NFL Package, is there a good chance I'll be able to watch my Eagles on their Sunday Night Games or am I going to have to listen to them on my Sirius Satellite Radio (which receives the signal in Mexico by the way, at least as south as Ensenada).

Any help would be great as I wouldn't want to miss a game when they start (my car is parked in a different location as if I had it with me in our house it would get stolen, so this would help me as far as planning my days on Sunday).

Thanks!

Have you tried an Antenna to pick up the San Diego NBC station? Tijuana is so close that it may be feasible, even with a modest antenna. See if even an indoor antenna will work.

P.S. I feel your pain, as I'm living in Balitmore, and trying to pick up my Eagles with an Antenna. A move from Pottsville to Tijuana, WOW. I guess they don't have Yuengling there huh?

#12 OFFLINE   DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:58 PM

off topic, but you do realize that Mexico is not in South America, right :D :confused:

lol...yes, when I wrote the response I remembered that he mentioned somewhere Spanish-speaking South of Texas and just didn't remember where.

On a side note, the bolded comments a few posts up were hysterical.
DirecTV since 2001, NFLST, EI, and as of 2/8/07, new AU-9 with 2 HR20-700S (1 HDMI, 1 component/RCA), 6X8 multiswitch, and Samsung LNS3252D 32" LCD...eSata Seagate 750GB...12/30/07 new HR20-700S component connected to Phillips 42PFL5332D 42" LCD and HDMI to a little 20" Dynex LCD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...