Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NFLST L-Shaped Scoreboard

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   superunlikely

superunlikely

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:05 AM

This past year I had NFLST. While tuned to an ST channel, my HR-20 could display the scores from the other active games by slightly shrinking the screen to the corner and using the resulting L-shaped free space for score, clock and field position indicators. I thought it was a great feature. I pretty much had it running all afternoon every Sunday.

From the PDF on this thread http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=91191 it would appear that they are replacing the L-shaped scoreboard with one that overlays the screen. If so, I am really disappointed.

Did any of you other NFLST subscribers use this feature last year? What do you think of the new one?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,536 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:43 AM

Never used the old one. Dont like giving up screen real estate. The new one will be available on all games on demand like the EI scoreboard. They put scores up during the games anyway.

I use NFL.com to watch for scoring plays on my laptop next to my recliner.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#3 OFFLINE   d max82

d max82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:27 PM

Never used the old one, not available with games in HD. The new way will work over the HD broadcast (I believe, it does for EI) so I'll use the new one probably

#4 OFFLINE   superunlikely

superunlikely

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:31 PM

Never used the old one, not available with games in HD. The new way will work over the HD broadcast (I believe, it does for EI) so I'll use the new one probably

Actually it did work with the HD games. At least it did on the Hr-20. Are you sure you're not thinking of the "stats" feature?

#5 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

Ummm, I use the L scoreboard on HD channels last year with no problem. What I didn't like about it was that it would disappear when changing to another game. I'd prefer a "sticky" scoreboard as an option. But sounds like they did away with it completely anyway.

#6 OFFLINE   d max82

d max82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:24 PM

Actually it did work with the HD games. At least it did on the Hr-20. Are you sure you're not thinking of the "stats" feature?

Oops your right... I was thinking of a few years back when they had seperate channels for the "normal feed" and the wrapped feature. I seem to remember not liking the scores last years cause it would distort the picture pretty bad. I got my HR-20 a week into football season and it was quite buggy for a while, maybe I just didn't give it enough of a chance?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...