Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

L4.06 Software Experiences/Bugs Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Slordak

Slordak

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

I got 4.06 the other day. Since then, I've noticed an increase in audio/video sync issues with HD movies. I recorded Talledega Nights and the first third of the movie was out of sync, the second third was fine and the last third was out of sync again.

This movie was out of sync for a large portion of the broadcast on the night it premiered on Starz HD. I don't know if the problem was specific to the 622, but it's certainly not specific to 4.06, since I believe the movie premier took place before this software update rolled out.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   4bama

4bama

Godfather

• Registered
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:14 PM

Release notes for L4.06 have been posted and can be found here

Thanks

I've watched 4.06 for 4 days and am convinced the SD picture quality has been improved. At least for me, on my 622 and my RCA 52" via HDMI/DVI. The SD pictures seem to have more resolution and clarity. My standard view for SD channels is in streached mode so this seems like a hugh improvement to me. Anyone else notice this?

HD quality seems the same as L405 to me, on SD improvements.

#43 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:35 AM

Thanks, good to know.

This movie was out of sync for a large portion of the broadcast on the night it premiered on Starz HD. I don't know if the problem was specific to the 622, but it's certainly not specific to 4.06, since I believe the movie premier took place before this software update rolled out.

#44 OFFLINE   MarcusInMD

MarcusInMD

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:02 PM

Still no folders. :( Which in my opinion would make this the PERFECT HD sat receiver. Maybe the next round of updates before the fall TV season begins. :)

#45 OFFLINE   M. Campbell

M. Campbell

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

What exactly are the MPEG4 improvements? Anything specific? Than you.

#46 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,858 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:27 PM

Time to close the thread - L4.09 spooling in first phase.

#47 OFFLINE   tvhawaii

tvhawaii

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:23 PM

Definitely provide CC feedback Eagles. We need to keep on it for the people that use it. Hopefully you will see some level of CC improvement for L4.06.

I've been reporting CC issues to Tech Support for over three months and finally threatened to move to D* and tell Charlie why. My biggest gripe was DISC HD and TNT did not have CCing. Yesterday, DISC HD started CC and I was -still- at 4.05. Today I am at 4.09 and TNT HD has CCing. Make of this what you will.<g>

--Michael

#48 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,720 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:27 PM

I've been reporting CC issues to Tech Support for over three months and finally threatened to move to D* and tell Charlie why.

I'm pretty sure they know how bad the CC situation is over at D*.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...