Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fox Business Network (FBN)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Spazzman

Spazzman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:55 PM

Fox announced today that they are launching a new Financal News Network.

http://investing.reu...toryID=nWEN9274

I am thinking D* will definately carry the network.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

Yep when this was first being talked about D* was one of the first to agree to carry it.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:27 PM

Another "fair and balanced" channel from News Corp? Joy... :rolleyes:

#4 OFFLINE   Mavrick

Mavrick

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:32 PM

But I wonder if it will be in HD? :D
5 LNB AU9 Slimline Dish and standard 18" dish pointed at 72.5 for locals
1 HR20-700
1 HR21-700
1 HR10-250
1 R16-300
2 WB68 multiswitches

#5 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

But I wonder if it will be in HD? :D

Ofcourse it will be. It will also be filled with attractive women that probably don't have really in depth knowledge of the material that they are reporting on; all of which is designed to mask psuedo-news into "important" news. And no, I am not biased against Fox "News" ;) :lol:

#6 OFFLINE   MikeR7

MikeR7

Icon

• Registered
  • 953 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:28 PM

Ofcourse it will be. It will also be filled with attractive women that probably don't have really in depth knowledge of the material that they are reporting on; all of which is designed to mask psuedo-news into "important" news. And no, I am not biased against Fox "News" ;) :lol:

I like Fox News. I think your analysis of Fox definitely shows a liberal bias.:lol:

#7 OFFLINE   DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:00 PM

Fox has the only real, non-liberally biased news on the airwaves. It's so nice, but unfortunate that there's only 1 place to go for real news.
DirecTV since 2001, NFLST, EI, and as of 2/8/07, new AU-9 with 2 HR20-700S (1 HDMI, 1 component/RCA), 6X8 multiswitch, and Samsung LNS3252D 32" LCD...eSata Seagate 750GB...12/30/07 new HR20-700S component connected to Phillips 42PFL5332D 42" LCD and HDMI to a little 20" Dynex LCD

#8 OFFLINE   Elistan98

Elistan98

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:08 PM

Fox has the only real, non-liberally biased news on the airwaves. It's so nice, but unfortunate that there's only 1 place to go for real news.

There is no unbiased news. All news stories have an angle of one sort or another and that angle is to sell whatever medium that it is be it newspapers or viewership of a channel for sponsors.

#9 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:10 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Non-liberal? Yes. Biased? YES!

#10 OFFLINE   msmith198025

msmith198025

Member of the Year

• Registered
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:16 PM

There is no unbiased news. All news stories have an angle of one sort or another and that angle is to sell whatever medium that it is be it newspapers or viewership of a channel for sponsors.

That is correct. It is all slanted to one side or the other, however Fox News seems to be the most "balanced" i think i should come up with a slogan for them...

#11 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,115 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:36 PM

Myself, I am looking forward to Fox Business Channel. It will be nice not have to listen to put up with all the hot air which comes off CNBC

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#12 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,210 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:56 PM

This is general programming news and as such, it should have been
posted in the "Standard Definition Programming & TV Talk" forum.

Not everything is just about D*

Moderators?

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#13 OFFLINE   Spazzman

Spazzman

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

I loathe NBC. I hope FOX kicks CNBC's fanny.

Sorry about posting this in the wrong spot!

#14 OFFLINE   MikeR7

MikeR7

Icon

• Registered
  • 953 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:44 PM

This is general programming news and as such, it should have been
posted in the "Standard Definition Programming & TV Talk" forum.

Not everything is just about D*

Moderators?

I guess they are all vacation Nick! :lol:

Or, they don't care that it is here. :hurah:

#15 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,210 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

You're probably right -- either way! :sure:

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#16 OFFLINE   FHSPSU67

FHSPSU67

CE'er & Retired Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,385 posts
  • LocationWindber, PA

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:23 AM

Myself, I am looking forward to Fox Business Channel. It will be nice not have to listen to put up with all the hot air which comes off CNBC

You mean you can't stand Kramer, either. Imagine having him for a finance class in school.:D
Fred
DIRECTV since November 1995
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" A.Einstein

#17 OFFLINE   durl

durl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:37 AM

I'm anxious to see Fox Business Channel. If "biased" means telling the good economic news when it's all around us, bring on the BIAS. :)

#18 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:01 PM

That is correct. It is all slanted to one side or the other, however Fox News seems to be the most "balanced" i think i should come up with a slogan for them...

I don't know that I would call it "balanced". The one thing that cost all credibility with me was when former congressman Mark Foley (R-FL) was caught with this whole issue some of the former congressional aides. After three times of showing him as a Democrat, I thought that was pretty bad. I guess that's what's known as "balanced" -- call a person from one party as a member of the other party. That way you cover both parties. :lol:

As far as a slogan, maybe "Fox. We just report the news -- just certain parts of it."

Both sides have some issues and I won't make this a political statement because it's not. What happens many times is that if the media prints or broadcasts something, people from either side will say that it's slanted because it doesn't agree with their views. Most of the time the actual news being broadcast is true and not as slanted as people would like to believe. We'd always like the media to show people the favorable side and not the negative. Do they always show both sides? Certainly not always.

But the situation above? That's not slanting the news. That's flat out lying.

#19 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:02 PM

I'm anxious to see Fox Business Channel. If "biased" means telling the good economic news when it's all around us, bring on the BIAS. :)

Send the rest of us some. Most of us IT guys who didn't have their jobs outsourced and didn't have to change careers are still making less money than we made six years ago.

#20 OFFLINE   Cable Lover

Cable Lover

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

I hope Insight Cable carries it. I want to see hot women in short skirts talking business.:D

spam firewall