Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ESPNHD and ESPN2HD viewers on large screen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   APorter

APorter

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:13 PM

How's the picture? ESPNHD is okay (has it's good days and bad days)with Time Warner Cable on 102" screen. No ESPN2HD, NFL Network, or Big Ten Network is a couple of reason I'm thinking about switching. Wish Directv would give a time period for HD channels to move from mpeg2 to mpeg4.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,286 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:23 PM

What size do you call large?

I have 50 inch about 6 feet away and ESPN has its good days and bad days. They seem to correspond to the good and bad days I see with Comcast.

Mostly, very watchable.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#3 OFFLINE   ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan

Icon

• Registered
  • 585 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:43 PM

I've tailgated with both channels hooked up to HD football on both looked stunning to me :D

#4 OFFLINE   APorter

APorter

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:56 PM

What size do you call large?

I was thinking greater than 50" as I have both a 102" screen and 51" RPTV (this one has Dora or HGTV on it most days).

#5 OFFLINE   ShawnL25

ShawnL25

Icon

• Registered
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:10 PM

It is worth the switch, while not necessarily better than Time Warner ESPNHD on D* is at least as good. And All the SD channels I know have to be unwatchable with cable. I can at least watch briefly if I have to w/ D*. 72' 1080i Toshiba DLP, 61" 1080p Samsung, 42" Toshiba Plasma 1080i, 30" Toshiba CRT 1080i. D* looks better than cable on all my TV's.

spam firewall