Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLBEI Super Fan Survey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oakwcj

oakwcj

Lower Echelon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:21 PM

I got an email from D* today inviting me to participate in a survey on the MLBEI and Super Fan packages. I took the opportunity to tell them that I could care less about the "interactive" features, but that they should concentrate on providing DLB, more games in HD, making all the Saturday FOX broadcasts available, and fixing the CIR/Search/Autorecord mess.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:11 PM

I got an email from D* today inviting me to participate in a survey on the MLBEI and Super Fan packages. I took the opportunity to tell them that I could care less about the "interactive" features, but that they should concentrate on providing DLB, more games in HD, making all the Saturday FOX broadcasts available, and fixing the CIR/Search/Autorecord mess.

Thank you for your response....all feedback is important.

#3 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:56 PM

The email to me was a little sketchy. Are we sure this is really D* asking for the survey? I get these spam and phishing emails constantly and although this looks legit, I didn't see the D* logo anywhere.

#4 OFFLINE   jcrandall

jcrandall

Godfather

• Registered
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:21 PM

What SF needs is MORE HD games. Yes I know they are meeting the commitment of up to 10 a week, but they could do so much more even with the bandwith limits.

Today, for example, they could have aired the 2pm cubs (CSNCH) in HD, and it was the only game this afternoon. Tonight they only had one game. They can do two at 7 and two at 10! We could get 4-6 games daily even with todays bandwith.

2008 the year of HD, with almost every game in HD.

#5 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

The email to me was a little sketchy. Are we sure this is really D* asking for the survey? I get these spam and phishing emails constantly and although this looks legit, I didn't see the D* logo anywhere.

It's legitimate

#6 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:47 PM

What SF needs is MORE HD games. Yes I know they are meeting the commitment of up to 10 a week, but they could do so much more even with the bandwith limits.

Today, for example, they could have aired the 2pm cubs (CSNCH) in HD, and it was the only game this afternoon. Tonight they only had one game. They can do two at 7 and two at 10! We could get 4-6 games daily even with todays bandwith.

2008 the year of HD, with almost every game in HD.

Tonight was one of the exception dates where ESPN had a longer exclusivity window then they typically do.

#7 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

This Saturday crap is ridiculous.

I know it isn't D*'s fault but still....screw Fox

#8 OFFLINE   sjso395

sjso395

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:07 PM

This Saturday crap is ridiculous.

I know it isn't D*'s fault but still....screw Fox

I wish they would send me that survey. I think superfan has been a complete waste of money. If you dont like the yankees their arent to many other HD games to choose from. I have never seen a cardinals game in HD unless it was carried by ESPN

#9 OFFLINE   chopperjc

chopperjc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:08 AM

The interactive features are a waste of time. The cover up the entire game you are watching, easier to flip my computer on. HD broadcasts are poorly handled. No real notice and have had games changed. As for FOX Saturday, well baseball blackout rules are a little past their prime.:mad:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...