Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Working eSata Setups:

• Please log in to reply
2163 replies to this topic

#2101 OFFLINE   Trila

Trila

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTwin Rocks, PA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

Got the TT docking station coming today for the HR21, but I have a HR24-500 also in the house. 

Will the TT docking station also work on the HR24-500 or do I need something different?

Edited by Trila, 29 May 2013 - 09:15 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2102 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

should works, but you will the our last informer ;)

#2103 OFFLINE   Trila

Trila

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTwin Rocks, PA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

What you mean last?

#2104 OFFLINE   Trila

Trila

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTwin Rocks, PA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Okay got the TT working with the HR21, seems okay so far.

Now to order another setup for the HR24-500 and see what happens.

#2105 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,074 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

Okay got the TT working with the HR21, seems okay so far.

Now to order another setup for the HR24-500 and see what happens.

Same setup works for the 24-500s.

Rich

#2106 OFFLINE   Trila

Trila

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTwin Rocks, PA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Having a problem now.  the TT docking station worked fine the first day but I turned on the DVR 1 day later and it said it was scanning disk and fixing 152 errors.

Never saw that before on any DVR in the house.

Now every show is like frame skipping constantly on anything I taped on that HD in the TT.  The audio does not skip though.

Any suggestions on whats up would be helpful.

Edited by Trila, 30 May 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#2107 OFFLINE   Trila

Trila

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTwin Rocks, PA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

I tried unplugging everything and plugging back in in the proper order and right after the receiver self check it went right back to scanning disk and now it wants to fix 144 errors.  And this error fixing stuff takes forever so I am lost.

I also noticed when I was recording some VoD stuff it was downloading the shows really slow onto the external HD.  I downloaded the same set of shows onto the internal drive before I got this TT and external HD and they downloaded pretty fast.

So does it seem I have a bad HD or do I need to connect it to the PC and reformat it there or whatever?

Edited by Trila, 30 May 2013 - 11:54 PM.

#2108 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

You should use MHDD for check the drive first; less likely the TT BlacX is the problem.

#2109 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

You should use MHDD for check the drive first; less likely the TT BlacX is the problem.

I made my 1st attempt with MHDD yesterday...I was able to get it to run and do a smart scan, but I could not figure out how to turn remap on...I had no trouble getting the correct drive selected, etc....could you help out with how you go about turning on remap during a scan?  Do I need another drive in the pc so that it can write log files, etc....tips and some syntax/command lines would be quite appreciated.

#2110 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

You should press F4, in next menu select Remap line by pressing arrow button, then press Space to toggle its value to ON, press F4 again and the process will start

to keep MHDD logs, I made selfbootable USB flash drive and copied MHDD folder to it;  you can read the files on your PC with any OS later

Here is the reference http://hddguru.com/s..._manual.en.html

and FAQ http://forum.hddguru...ewtopic.php?t=5

Edited by P Smith, 31 May 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#2111 OFFLINE   Trila

Trila

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTwin Rocks, PA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

I tried unplugging everything and plugging back in in the proper order and right after the receiver self check it went right back to scanning disk and now it wants to fix 144 errors.  And this error fixing stuff takes forever so I am lost.

I also noticed when I was recording some VoD stuff it was downloading the shows really slow onto the external HD.  I downloaded the same set of shows onto the internal drive before I got this TT and external HD and they downloaded pretty fast.

So does it seem I have a bad HD or do I need to connect it to the PC and reformat it there or whatever?

Well as a follow up to the above I hooked the HD to the PC with the USB cable and deleted the partitions and did a quick reformat to it.

Hooked it back up and it's been about a week and no more trouble as of yet.

Edited by Trila, 05 June 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#2112 OFFLINE   Trila

Trila

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTwin Rocks, PA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

I also ordered the same TT Docking Station and the same HD for my other HR24 as above in this thread and this one keeps locking up even after a reformat. 

Screen on the TV just freezes and can not do anything but unplug and force a reboot.

Right now I am scanning the external HD using windows, not sure if that's the best way to scan a HD for problems as I am not a Techie to see if it finds anything.  I am betting it's a bad TT docking station is all.  So after this drive scan if it finds nothing I will just order a new TT and see what happens with that and get a RMA for this one.

#2113 OFFLINE   Trila

Trila

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTwin Rocks, PA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

Went to Western Digital site and got their HD scanner for that specific drive and am running that now instead, should be better then the windows one.

#2114 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Went to Western Digital site and got their HD scanner for that specific drive and am running that now instead, should be better then the windows one.

Trust a person, who saved for some company $$$$$ by using MHDD instead of Ontrack/others recovery services: the Seagate/WDC/etc "tools" are good for obtain a code for RMA, not to do serious tests and recover user data. Saying that, Victoria (not a "windows") is better SW. But I will say - use MHDD.

Edited by P Smith, 05 June 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#2115 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

I also ordered the same TT Docking Station and the same HD for my other HR24 as above in this thread and this one keeps locking up even after a reformat. 

Screen on the TV just freezes and can not do anything but unplug and force a reboot.

Right now I am scanning the external HD using windows, not sure if that's the best way to scan a HD for problems as I am not a Techie to see if it finds anything.  I am betting it's a bad TT docking station is all.  So after this drive scan if it finds nothing I will just order a new TT and see what happens with that and get a RMA for this one.

I had many different USB drive's enclosures - and a lot of them fail when I did use programs for long contiguous reading, include one of TT (USB only). So, bad apples are exist :).

Edited by P Smith, 05 June 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#2116 OFFLINE   Trila

Trila

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTwin Rocks, PA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Trust a person, who saved for some company $$$$$ by using MHDD instead of Ontrack/others recovery services: the Seagate/WDC/etc "tools" are good for obtain a code for RMA, not to do serious tests and recover user data. Saying that, Victoria (not a "windows") is better SW. But I will say - use MHDD.

From what I read that MHDD program is to confusing for a non techie to figure out.  So just going to use this WD thing and if it gives me no errors I will just do a RMA on the TT and try another one.  If that fails to then I am lost and will probably send it all back.  Can't expect newegg to allow me to RMA stuff left and right trying different parts before they get snippy.

#2117 OFFLINE   Trila

Trila

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTwin Rocks, PA

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

The new TT got here and it seems to be working fine on the HR24-500 and sent the other one back.

I did scan the WD HD and it said no problems, the WD scanner took 17 hours to scan it, I assume that was because I did it through a USB cable while is sat in the docking station.  Even though it's a 2TB drive I would not think it should of taken that long otherwise.

#2118 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

That's another advantage of using MHDD/Victoria - speed; there is no secret: these programs does reading 255 sectors by one command while mfg tools usually less, significantly less. That's called optimization of code/process ;)

#2119 OFFLINE   Trila

Trila

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTwin Rocks, PA

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

That's another advantage of using MHDD/Victoria - speed; there is no secret: these programs does reading 255 sectors by one command while mfg tools usually less, significantly less. That's called optimization of code/process ;)

Okay I will DL it and see if I can figure it out cause 17 hours to do that scan was insane.

Thanks to all of you that helped me out.

#2120 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,700 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

Use MHDD (selfbootable CD or USB stick), it's working under MS-DOS (single tasking OS) and its speed is max what would be possible on same PC; also, use SATA connection, obviously.

spam firewall