Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

voltage output on component...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   renpar61

renpar61

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

I have been having problems with my component out connection through a Rotel receiver. The blue starts slowly fading away until completely off. The problem doesn't exist if the connection goes directly to the TV, at the same time the DVD and Xbox connected to the same receiver don't present any issue. I wasn't sure if the culprit was the 622 or the receiver, but then I posted questions on a Rotel forum and a member made me aware of a known issue with the 622 which may cause this problem: apparently the 622 (like some cable boxes) outputs some voltage on the component line. This doesn't usually present a problem with a direct connection to a TV set, but causes some issues on more "sensitive" equipment, like perhaps my Rotel receiver. I was also pointed to a device that clears the voltage from the signal.
I did a search here and couldn't find anything. Are you aware of this? Is there a fix from Dish?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:56 PM

Just remember that EVERY change in the line from the lnb or antenna to the sat receiver looses you signal.

This is every splitter or diplexer or barrel connection drops your signal strength just a little bit. I use solid cable every where i can, no splitters, no diplexers if possible.

Any marginal signals (especially OTA ATSC signals) may be degraded to the point where they are no longer available.

HMMM...This is not the thread I was replying to!
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#3 OFFLINE   renpar61

renpar61

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:56 PM

HMMM...This is not the thread I was replying to!

I was just gonna say... what are you smoking?:grin:

spam firewall