Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Can't STOP recording!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Notorious

Notorious

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:08 PM

This is a new bug Ive gotten recently.

If a program is recording, there is now no way to actually STOP the recording! If I hit stop its say I cant delete because the EVENT IS CURRENTLY in use! I have not found a way to stop a recording in progress! And this has only started happening recently! Anyone else!??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:35 PM

This is a new bug Ive gotten recently.

If a program is recording, there is now no way to actually STOP the recording! If I hit stop its say I cant delete because the EVENT IS CURRENTLY in use! I have not found a way to stop a recording in progress! And this has only started happening recently! Anyone else!??

If you are viewing a show that is currently being recorded and you are simultaneously viewing at a time other than "real time" than it will not let you stop the recording. Hit the FF to catch up or hit the View Live TV and then you'll be able to stop the recording or change channels.

I think I've got it right. :)

#3 OFFLINE   Notorious

Notorious

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

If you are viewing a show that is currently being recorded and you are simultaneously viewing at a time other than "real time" than it will not let you stop the recording. Hit the FF to catch up or hit the View Live TV and then you'll be able to stop the recording or change channels.

I think I've got it right. :)

See thats the thing thats not working anymore....

#4 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:53 PM

In Dual Mode (differs from Single Mode), you can't actually Stop something recording to TV2 with the TV1 remote by hitting Stop, or the Stop Recording choice in a menu when you select the "Recording" item from My Recordings. It would stop if you used the other remote in Dual mode. A very round about method to stop an inprocess recording using the "other" remote, is to select Signal Strength and move to the Tuner choice and change "your" TV to the other Tuner. That will prompt you that the other Tuner is busy recording, "Do you want to stop the recording?", which will actually stop the recording.

Did you switch to Dual mode recently?

#5 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:56 PM

See thats the thing thats not working anymore....

I don't actually "see" this as anything new. Worked that way on my 942 and on both of our 622's. The feature is intended to help prevent a mistake on the user's part.

#6 OFFLINE   Notorious

Notorious

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

In Dual Mode (differs from Single Mode), you can't actually Stop something recording to TV2 with the TV1 remote by hitting Stop, or the Stop Recording choice in a menu when you select the "Recording" item from My Recordings. It would stop if you used the other remote in Dual mode. A very round about method to stop an inprocess recording using the "other" remote, is to select Signal Strength and move to the Tuner choice and change "your" TV to the other Tuner. That will prompt you that the other Tuner is busy recording, "Do you want to stop the recording?", which will actually stop the recording.

Did you switch to Dual mode recently?

bingo thats it. somehow it was switched to dual mode.......thanks

#7 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

bingo thats it. somehow it was switched to dual mode.......thanks

Good catch, CABill!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...