Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2 days in, couple??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   demogawd

demogawd

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:12 PM

I switched from an HR10-250 and am getting used to it, however I have a couple questions. When you pause, ff, or rewind there is a progress bar at the bottom. On the 10-250 you could hit the "clear" button & it would go away. Can this be done on the 622? Also when watching something from your recordings that is in the process of still recording is there a way to resume watching where you left off? All I can see in the choices is start over or view, which starts where the program is currently at in its broadcast, which could be at the end of the show at times. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lujan

lujan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

I switched from an HR10-250 and am getting used to it, however I have a couple questions. When you pause, ff, or rewind there is a progress bar at the bottom. On the 10-250 you could hit the "clear" button & it would go away. Can this be done on the 622? Also when watching something from your recordings that is in the process of still recording is there a way to resume watching where you left off? All I can see in the choices is start over or view, which starts where the program is currently at in its broadcast, which could be at the end of the show at times. Thanks.

Yes, to get rid of the bar, just press the FF while paused and it will go away. The second question is "No", there is no way to resume if the program is still recording. I either wait until it's finished recording to watch it or I watch it while still in progress until the end. That way I don't have to FF to the part where I stopped watching it.
171 Blu-ray
83 DVD
63 HD DVD

#3 OFFLINE   demogawd

demogawd

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:49 PM

Yes, to get rid of the bar, just press the FF while paused and it will go away. The second question is "No", there is no way to resume if the program is still recording. I either wait until it's finished recording to watch it or I watch it while still in progress until the end. That way I don't have to FF to the part where I stopped watching it.

Thanks, sure wish there was a work around for the recording though.

#4 OFFLINE   demogawd

demogawd

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:04 PM

Ok, got another question. When watching a recorded program is there a way to bring up the progress bar to see where you are in the program, without pressing the pause button?

#5 OFFLINE   DanoP

DanoP

Legend

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

Thanks, sure wish there was a work around for the recording though.

Note that when you hit FF while paused the frames advance at 1/15 speed. If you hit skip forward that will get rid of the status but it *may* advance you somewhere. It's unpredictable.

#6 OFFLINE   Taco Lover

Taco Lover

Icon

• Registered
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:44 PM

Ok, got another question. When watching a recorded program is there a way to bring up the progress bar to see where you are in the program, without pressing the pause button?

I'd like to know this, too. Right now, I hit cancel, and the banner shows how much time is left in minutes.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...