Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

reset wont allow forced update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   OneOfOne

OneOfOne

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:54 PM

yeah I know its not life threatening but it used to be easy to do with my h20-100s. now it doesnt happen at all. is there a GUARANTEED way to force updates? meaning if I were to unplug my box for a few seconds and then do the 02468 sequence would that be guaranteed to work? right now my latest update is from 5/11 and it says 'non scheduled' in the future update column.
professionally calibrated Sony 60xbr2
professionally calibrated Sony es5200 based sound system featuring klipsch rf-52 5.1 speakers
Sony 700 series lcd
Sony 800 series 3d lcd
2 boxee boxes and one popcorn hour A300

anyone who watches 'reality' tv is single handedly lowering our species collective IQ

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:59 PM

yeah I know its not life threatening but it used to be easy to do with my h20-100s. now it doesnt happen at all. is there a GUARANTEED way to force updates? meaning if I were to unplug my box for a few seconds and then do the 02468 sequence would that be guaranteed to work? right now my latest update is from 5/11 and it says 'non scheduled' in the future update column.

The best way to do that is hit menu, go to help & settings, setup, then reset. Hit 02468 when you see the welcome screen. But, you probably have the latest version. So, you won't get anything newer unless you do a CE when they are available.

#3 OFFLINE   OneOfOne

OneOfOne

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:02 PM

the way you mention is not working. thats why I am asking for a way to make certain.
professionally calibrated Sony es5200 based sound system featuring klipsch rf-52 5.1 speakers
Sony 700 series lcd
Sony 800 series 3d lcd

anyone who watches 'reality' tv is single handedly lowering our species collective IQ

#4 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:05 PM

On those rare occassions that a menu reset or red button reset just does not work at all, I have had to do the unplug reset. I think I've only done that once or twice and not for a long time, but it does happen.

Good luck,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#5 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:09 PM

the way you mention is not working. thats why I am asking for a way to make certain.

Sorry, I missed that. :)

#6 OFFLINE   OneOfOne

OneOfOne

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:09 PM

ok I have hit the red button, did the menu reset, and also the unplug for around 15 seconds. NONE of these methods work anymore.
Sony 700 series lcd
Sony 800 series 3d lcd

#7 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:11 PM

Does it do anything when you plug it back in?

#8 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

ok I have hit the red button, did the menu reset, and also the unplug for around 15 seconds. NONE of these methods work anymore.

So from the last CE: do you see the "welcome" screen or just the wait screen?
Connecting with an SD composite or S-Video solved it for one user.
It seems his Philips TV with HDMI didn't show the welcome screen. First screen was past the remote 0 2 4 6 8 time.
Another thing is to change back to IR if RF doesn't work.
A.K.A VOS

#9 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

Ok, back to basics:

Are you using IR or RF on the remote control? When all else fails, move back to IR.
HDMI or component? Are you able to see that very, very first screen saying "Hello"?
Fresh batteries on the remote control?
Only pressing 0 2 4 6 8 once per reboot?
And not pressing ENTER or SELECT or any other keys?
And not too fast, not too slow on pressing keys?

One person I chatted with, had to hit the keys on the remote as lightly as possible to get the sequence in without keybounce.

I know I've said things you've seen before but sometimes the whole list of basics needs repeating one more time. I hope you understand.

Good luck,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#10 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

Ok, back to basics:

Are you using IR or RF on the remote control? When all else fails, move back to IR.
HDMI or component? Are you able to see that very, very first screen saying "Hello"?
Fresh batteries on the remote control?
Only pressing 0 2 4 6 8 once per reboot?
And not pressing ENTER or SELECT or any other keys?
And not too fast, not too slow on pressing keys?

One person I chatted with, had to hit the keys on the remote as lightly as possible to get the sequence in without keybounce.

I know I've said things you've seen before but sometimes the whole list of basics needs repeating one more time. I hope you understand.

Good luck,
Tom

but but I just ....:lol:
A.K.A VOS

#11 OFFLINE   OneOfOne

OneOfOne

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:39 PM

I dont know why but now the original method worked. Ive done this before with no problem so maybe this whole episode is a fluke. anyway thanks for the help but its a dtv thing. I am beginning to really hate this company.
Sony 700 series lcd
Sony 800 series 3d lcd

#12 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:51 AM

I have never had a problem until the other night for the first time. My first H20-600 downloaded first try with no problems. My second H20-600 I tried about 20 times and could not get it to download. I have downloaded every CE on both units and never had a problem until this one. I tried IR, RF, reset by menu, RBR, and pulling the power cord. No luck with any thing I tried.

#13 OFFLINE   dreamyip

dreamyip

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:07 PM

I have never had a problem until the other night for the first time. My first H20-600 downloaded first try with no problems. My second H20-600 I tried about 20 times and could not get it to download. I have downloaded every CE on both units and never had a problem until this one. I tried IR, RF, reset by menu, RBR, and pulling the power cord. No luck with any thing I tried.

I have the same problem on Sat night. I download the CE for two of my H20-600 on Fri night without any problem but couldn't do it for my 3rd one on Sat night. I also tried all th methods(re-set in MENU, hit the red button, unplug the power cord and even had a fan continuing blowing at the receiver). None of these work... At the end, I decided to give up the try.:mad:

#14 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:24 AM

I have the same problem on Sat night. I download the CE for two of my H20-600 on Fri night without any problem but couldn't do it for my 3rd one on Sat night. I also tried all th methods(re-set in MENU, hit the red button, unplug the power cord and even had a fan continuing blowing at the receiver). None of these work... At the end, I decided to give up the try.:mad:

I remember. :)
Next time try the reset everything first. Since it's a receiver & not a recorder, it really is no big deal [no lost recording etc.].
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...