Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Transferring recording from one 622 to another 622

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   melmsrt4

melmsrt4

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:15 AM

I've been having problems with my 622 losing signal and resetting itself. I call DN and they send they would send me a new one, but when I asked about my current recording on the my 622 they said that they would be lost. I don't want to burn to DVD, I just want my old recording on the new 622. Also my recoding schedule would be nice to get transfered over also. Does anybody have any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:20 AM

There is currently no way to do this. If you don't burn the programs to DVD they will be lost. You will always loose your timers and other configurtion settings. There has been suggestions made for a while now about being able to backup the timers and configuration settings to an external device such as a USB key, but nothing has come along so far.

This is the pain of replacing a broken 622.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#3 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:26 AM

:welcome_s to DBSTalk melmsrt4. As Chuck said, there is no way to transfer your recordings or settings.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,699 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:34 AM

Try Norton Ghost to copy whole disk ;).

#5 OFFLINE   melmsrt4

melmsrt4

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for the Welcome and being so reponsive guys. I have an installer coming out on Weds maybe they can get me existing 622 working. I noticed that some of my problems started after some high winds but have been getting progressively worse since then. The unit losses signal goes blank then after two minutes it goes through a selfreset. Last night it did the selfreset about 5 times during "Hell's Kitchen" which I was trying to record. I finally got the unit to recover to a picture after the recording time was over.

Is what I'm describing typical for a misaligned dish? or broken 622? If I get realigned and get the new 4.06 (currently shows 4.05) could that fix my problem and not have to exchange 622s?

#6 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:46 AM

I've been having problems with my 622 losing signal and resetting itself. I call DN and they send they would send me a new one, but when I asked about my current recording on the my 622 they said that they would be lost. I don't want to burn to DVD, I just want my old recording on the new 622. Also my recoding schedule would be nice to get transfered over also. Does anybody have any ideas?

When we were dealing with the incredibly buggy 500 series (501 - 510) and replacing receivers every 6 months or so for various reasons, we got into the habit of taking digital pictures of each page of our timers before disconnecting. Then we could print the pictures, making notes on channels, etc. to make it easier to remember what all we had. And we too transferred our recordings from the dvr's to dvd. All a pain but this was our work around.

Being able to transfer settings and timers to a flash drive would have been heaven compared to the above!

#7 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:01 PM

Since I believe this would require opening your 622 up and removing the hard drive and would most likely void your warrenty, I personally would not recommend it but I could see how this would be an option but not for the weary of heart.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#8 OFFLINE   Rovingbar

Rovingbar

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

Since I believe this would require opening your 622 up and removing the hard drive and would most likely void your warrenty, I personally would not recommend it but I could see how this would be an option but not for the weary of heart.

Yah, and then you'd have to open the replacement. Talk about a double whammy if DN felt litigious.

Watch it now or forever lose your bits.

:)

#9 OFFLINE   ssmith10pn

ssmith10pn

Icon

• Registered
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:56 PM

I tried it. Norton does not see the disk. ;)
My Toys:
Mitsubishi WD52628
Denon AVR-3806
Dish VIP622
Directv HR21
Pioneer Blu-ray
Monster HTS 2600
Control4 Media controller
Klipsch RB-25 Fronts, RC-25 Center
Klipsch CDT-3800-C In-ceiling rears x 4

#10 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:52 PM

Were you using a version of Ghost that supports LINUX file systems? Not all versions do.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#11 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,699 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:53 PM

I tried it. Norton does not see the disk. ;)

Ahh, sorry, there is a magic trick required. :( - check your PM.

spam firewall