Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remote Problem need Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   detfan68

detfan68

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

I have this VIP 622 I just set it back up to be a dual tuner and use UHF in my sons room, the problem is when I upgraded to this, I think(NOT SURE) I sent back my UHF remote with the VIP211 and kept the other one..I cannot get it to work on the 2nd tv in dual mode.

IS there a way to program this thing to work or do I need to just get another remote..

Remote #1 says 5.0, and #2 the green one says 6.3 does that matter and could that be the problem???

#2 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:58 PM

I only have a 6.2, not a 6.3, but when used for TV2, the BLUE side of the key is up. Does your "GREEN" one say 2 on it? Does it also say UHF Pro on the key?

The 622 should have come with a 5.3 IR only for TV1 and a 6.3 IR/UHF Pro with the #2 key showing. You can do anything with the 6.3 with the key removed and moving the switch manually, but you need it to be a TV2 setup to control TV2 in Dual mode. If you obtained a Green TV1 UHF Pro key somewhere for the 622, you should go back to the original Blue TV2 UHF Pro key.

#3 OFFLINE   detfan68

detfan68

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:42 PM

I only have a 6.2, not a 6.3, but when used for TV2, the BLUE side of the key is up. Does your "GREEN" one say 2 on it? Does it also say UHF Pro on the key?

The 622 should have come with a 5.3 IR only for TV1 and a 6.3 IR/UHF Pro with the #2 key showing. You can do anything with the 6.3 with the key removed and moving the switch manually, but you need it to be a TV2 setup to control TV2 in Dual mode. If you obtained a Green TV1 UHF Pro key somewhere for the 622, you should go back to the original Blue TV2 UHF Pro key.

No, I have done nothing with any of these remotes, the #2 has been sitting in my drawer for like 5 months. Now for your other questions..Yes it does say UHF Pro on the Key, it is blue, and it does say 2. My Green one is the original green one, and it says 1 on it.

It also does say 5.0 on it, so it may very well be that I sent back my Original #1 with the 211 I upgraded from. Anyway, I just want to be able to use this UHF remote on the 2nd tv, how can I do it?

#4 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

Get to a System Info screen (front panel or use the TV1 remote) and hit Record on the Blue #2 (6.3) remote. The TV2 line should change to reflect whatever that remote is configured for (remote address, A/B range, ...) and then the remote should control TV2 in Dual mode, or "nearly everything" in Single mode.

If after hitting Record on the 6.3 remote you still aren't able to do anything, check the UHF antenna on the 622. If you have only been using IR remotes all this time, do you recall ever using the UHF Pro to control the receiver? Just hitting the Record button a Sys Info screen should change the receiver to use the Blue 2 however it is configured. Hopefully, it is just setup to expect address 2 now and your Blue 2 is configured for some other address. Push and hold the Sat button until the others light, enter some number and a # and the remote will then be using that new address. Hitting Record then should produce a change to the number displayed in Sys Info for TV2.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...