Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Vip622 Changes Channels on it's own?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ceegarnut

ceegarnut

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

Hello to all. I am experiencing a really weird phenomenon. While in dual mode, my TV2 will start to scan/change channels all on it's own. TV1 never experiences this. This happens at different times during the night. I also notice that if I am scanning down the list of recorded programs, more times than not, the info screen pops up and I have to start all over again at the start of the list. Very strange. Anyway, here is my setup:

Vip622 with L4.05 software
TV1 is a 65" Mitsubishi HDTV
TV2 is a 36" Samsung HDTV
Remote 1 is infrared
Remote 2 is UHF

I'm guessing it's possible one of my neighbors have a UHF remote, but I thought that was only a slight possibility their signal would affect my set. Any ideas on this?

Thanks to all.

Chris

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

:welcome_s ceegarnut.

Change the remote address of your TV2 remote and see if the issue goes away. Whenever this happens, it usually is a neighbor with a remote on the same addy as you have so step one is change remote address and see if problem goes away.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#3 OFFLINE   ceegarnut

ceegarnut

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:14 PM

Thanks for the tip. My TV went out and is being fixed Monday. I'll try reprogramming the remote then.

#4 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:58 AM

I'm guessing it's possible one of my neighbors have a UHF remote, but I thought that was only a slight possibility their signal would affect my set. Any ideas on this?

Chris,

According to the CSR that helped be to activate our second 622, the 622's initially were shipped with all being with UHF Remote Channel 1 being the default. They were receiving many calls because of neighbors interfering with each other.

As a result of those calls, the 622's are now being shipped with a randomly selected channel and, of course, the number of calls has gone down dramatically. You have all the symptoms of being interfered with by a neighbor. I'd suggest that you change your UHF Channel.

If you're mean spirited, just keep randomly operating your remote until your TV is repaired - maybe your neighbor will call Dish and switch to another UHF channel before your TV is back on line. :lol:

spam firewall