Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Eliminated 2nd TV. Do I need to change setup?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   renpar61

renpar61

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:28 AM

My 622 feeds my main TV (HDMI) and I had a second TV in the kitchen connected on TV2. I got rid of the 2nd TV, because I don't have a use for it. Should I change the setup on the 622? Also, would you suggest to eliminate the additional splitters in the back of the 622 that allow the 2nd TV to be connected?

#2 OFFLINE   Taco Lover

Taco Lover

Icon

• Registered
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:36 AM

Not sure what you'd change besides maybe putting it in single mode? This way PIP can be used and it will behave more like a dual tuner DVR.

#3 OFFLINE   Miner

Miner

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:52 AM

Renpar61,

If you have the 622 in single mode and were "mirroring" the output the (now removed) kitchen TV, you don't have to do anything. As Taco Lover point's out if you were in dual mode and could watch different programming in the kitchen, press the "Mode" button on 622 to get into single mode and enjoy the PiP. As for the cabling, you could remove the diplexors and home distribution side of the coax behind the TV and where ever it "Un" diplexes, but it may be more hassle than its worth.

Miner

#4 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:03 PM

Well there is nothing stopping you from just keeping the TV there and placing your 622 into single mode. If you are in the situation where it is a either situation... Either I watch it in one room or other then my recommendation is always single mode. This is the way I have it with my garage. I rarely use the TV in the garage so I feed it with my 622 upstairs and keep the 622 in single mode. That way on the rare occasion I want to have the TV on in the garage I just do and I have the benefits of the 622 being in single mode.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

spam firewall