Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Please Wait" blue pop up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:22 PM

Last night I noticed something new.. right after switching channels, I'd get the blue pop up at the bottom right (like we see for the 771 message) but it would just say
"Please wait". It would go off after approx. 2 seconds.

The picture and sound would be there fine, but this little pop up came up when switching b/w various channels.. such as 731, 623, etc. Some are HD, some are SD. Didn't see any signal strength issues.

Anyone else see this issue last night?
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:23 PM

It isn't specific to anyone channel, or action between channels.

Your HR20 was doing something in the background, and thus prompted the "Please Wait".

You will on occasion see it...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 ONLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,927 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:43 PM

It isn't specific to anyone channel, or action between channels.

Your HR20 was doing something in the background, and thus prompted the "Please Wait".

You will on occasion see it...

Earl, I've seen this occur on both my HR20's every now and then. Once it starts it usually continues to happen until the box is rebooted. I've waited up to 1 hour before rebooting to get rid of it, is whatever it's doing in the background take longer then that?

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#4 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:51 PM

Earl, I've seen this occur on both my HR20's every now and then. Once it starts it usually continues to happen until the box is rebooted. I've waited up to 1 hour before rebooting to get rid of it, is whatever it's doing in the background take longer then that?

I see it on occasion... but nothing to degree you just described.
(Never had to reboot because of it).

It can be all sorts of things it is doing in the background that is causing the delay (which causes the OSD)
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:44 PM

I am just changing channels and not recording. I'll change b/w TNT HD, YES (SD), NESN (SD), and local HD D* channels and get this pop up. No apparent pattern. Didn't start until maybe 3 or 4 days ago. Now it seems to happen maybe with 50% of all channel changes.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#6 OFFLINE   stogie5150

stogie5150

Godfather

• Registered
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:32 PM

Mine did that right after the CE two cycles ago. Did it for about 2 days then quit. The latest CE didn't do it. Maybe something with rebuilding the guide? :confused:
Equipment:
Azbox Elite HD FTA receiver, 12 foot Paraclipse C/Ku-band dish.
Vantage 1100s HD FTA Receiver, 8.5 foot Birdview C/Ku dish.
Scanning the skies for FREE TV is my game. :-)

#7 OFFLINE   ehamilton

ehamilton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:33 PM

Mine also did it for a couple days then disappeared.

spam firewall