Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hallelujah!! Replacement HR20 works!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bingo123

Bingo123

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:30 PM

I just installed my replacement HR20-700 myself, and all is working perfectly! Thank god because this was going to be my last try at dealing with D* HD DVR.

I have it connected through composite cables...not HDMI. Maybe that made a difference.

All the transponder levels look good. Now I'll be fooling with settings the rest of the day.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   GutBomb

GutBomb

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:40 PM

i'm assuming you mean component cables... because composite cables would look absolutely horrid.

#3 OFFLINE   tfederov

tfederov

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

Good to know you got it fixed! If you still have issues in the future though, don't worry... you have local help. :)
- Tony

SWiM16, H21-100, H23-600, H21-700 w/AM21, HR24-500, HR24-100 w/AM21, (3) HR20-700
All receivers networked via DECA
MediaShare using TVersity on Win 7 VM over Mac Snow Leopard

#4 OFFLINE   Bingo123

Bingo123

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:50 PM

Yes, you're right--I meant component. I got confused in all my excitement to see that this stuff actually works.

And Tony--thanks. I decided that if I was going to keep this equipment operating correctly, I'd have to learn how to deal with it myself. Thanks to this site, I've had a real crash course in Hi Def TV in the last 2 weeks.

#5 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,891 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:20 PM

Yes, you're right--I meant component. I got confused in all my excitement to see that this stuff actually works.

And Tony--thanks. I decided that if I was going to keep this equipment operating correctly, I'd have to learn how to deal with it myself. Thanks to this site, I've had a real crash course in Hi Def TV in the last 2 weeks.

Good for you! Enjoy, and please post your future results and questions...we're here to help.:)

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#6 OFFLINE   Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

Yea, welcome to the site and good luck!

-Mark-
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 or ::127.0.0.1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 or ::1!"
Support the DBSTalk forum, become a member, Click Here!
For Networking Help, Click Here!
For my setup, Click Here!
3/98

#7 OFFLINE   Vinny

Vinny

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

I just installed my replacement HR20-700 myself, and all is working perfectly! Thank god because this was going to be my last try at dealing with D* HD DVR.

I have it connected through composite cables...not HDMI. Maybe that made a difference.

All the transponder levels look good. Now I'll be fooling with settings the rest of the day.

I'm glad to see everything finally worked out for you; and as Hasan said; don't be a stranger here; we're all eager to help.

Welcome and enjoy!

Vinny

HR34-700(0x00985)|Networked: Yes via Deca hardwired to Actiontec MI424WR (FiOS)| OTA: No | DOD Enabled: Yes |Mediashare: TVersity |
HDTV: Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ85U connected via Monster HDMI| Home Theater: Onkyo TX-LR552 connected via coax cable. Whole Home: Yes

HR20-700 (0x07EB)
|Networked: Yes via Deca| OTA: No | HDTV: Hitachi Plasma P42H401 connected via HDMI. Whole Home: Yes

AU9 Slimline | SWM|

#8 OFFLINE   Bingo123

Bingo123

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:42 PM

Okay, so here's the first of (I'm sure) a number of questions....

I'm looking at my local channels. Channel 11 in the Dallas area is CBS, station KTVT. So in the guide, it shows the following:

11 KTVT : Criminal Minds HD
11 DL11: Criminal Minds

So which one is the high def channel? I thought it was the second one...but "Criminal Minds" TV show is showing in High Def on the first listed channel.

Confused! If the first channel is the High Def one, what does "DL" mean?

#9 OFFLINE   tfederov

tfederov

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:42 PM

No worries. I'm probably 30 minutes (Plano) from you if you need anything. I ended up doing honey-do stuff here instead. :)
- Tony

SWiM16, H21-100, H23-600, H21-700 w/AM21, HR24-500, HR24-100 w/AM21, (3) HR20-700
All receivers networked via DECA
MediaShare using TVersity on Win 7 VM over Mac Snow Leopard

#10 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:37 PM

Okay, so here's the first of (I'm sure) a number of questions....

I'm looking at my local channels. Channel 11 in the Dallas area is CBS, station KTVT. So in the guide, it shows the following:

11 KTVT : Criminal Minds HD
11 DL11: Criminal Minds

So which one is the high def channel? I thought it was the second one...but "Criminal Minds" TV show is showing in High Def on the first listed channel.

Confused! If the first channel is the High Def one, what does "DL" mean?

This is your HD local 11 KTVT : Criminal Minds HD
This is your SD local 11 DL11: Criminal Minds
The DL stand for Dallas. Here in Cleveland, our SD locals are SD3, SD5, etc.
Normally, your HD locals will be the ones with the call letters. Hence KTVT.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#11 OFFLINE   Bingo123

Bingo123

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

This is your HD local 11 KTVT : Criminal Minds HD
This is your SD local 11 DL11: Criminal Minds
The DL stand for Dallas. Here in Cleveland, our SD locals are SD3, SD5, etc.
Normally, your HD locals will be the ones with the call letters. Hence KTVT.

Oh, okay. That explains it. I thought the DL stood for digital....something.
Thank you.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...