Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR-20 - signal strength meter question compared to DirecTIVO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tkrandall

tkrandall

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:48 PM

I get my HR-20 tomorrow so I guess I could wait until then....

but I am curious if the signal strength screen on the HR-20 starts off on the sattelite/transponder for the currently tuned "live" channel? The DirecTiVO units I have (good old reliable series2 Hughes boxes) will start off on the signal strenght screen tuned to the transponder for the channel that was last tuned in live before you go to the signal strength screen. This is kind of neat because it lets you determine which sattelite/transponder any specific channel comes from. For example, Atlanta SD locals are on transponder 26 spot beam.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:20 PM

No it does not.

#3 OFFLINE   tkrandall

tkrandall

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:53 PM

Too bad! I just got my HR-20 this morning but have not played around with it much yet (had to go to work). Is there any other way usign this tuner to determine the sattelite and transponder a channel is coming from? I am curious about the HDs.

#4 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,616 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:56 PM

I'm not aware of any way to identify specific transponders and the channels they carry using the HR20's signal meters. Perhaps this has the information you're looking for ....
http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=92450
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

Protected By... spam firewall...And...