Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DVD Recorder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jamesmonroe

jamesmonroe

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:54 PM

I just got a 622 and I want a way to get recorded programs to a DVD. what is the best one to get with the 622 I want a cheap one that gets the job done efficiently. Also is there any way I can get HD on TV2? I have to HD TVs one in the HT room and one DLP. I put the 622 with the Home theater but is there any way i can get HD on the DLP with only one receiver.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:48 PM

All outputs on the 622 are active at the same time. So, if you can run an HDMI or Component cable (whichever you are not already using) from the 622 to the DLP you can get the same programming displayed in HD on both sets at the same time. You can not get independent programming on the two sets in HD.

I don't have a recommendation for the DVD since I don't use one but I would think almost any would work fine. You just need to be sure it connects with a connection type you still have available. If you have already used the HDMI and Component connections you either have to use the S-Video or get a HDMI or Component switch.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,337 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:00 PM

what is the best one to get with the 622 I want a cheap one that gets the job done efficiently.

You don't ask much, do you? Check avsforum and see which ones record letterboxed content best. The cheap ones (less than $150) often don't set the output aspect ratio flag properly.

#4 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:55 PM

I use a upconverting dvd recorder on my 622 and I use my 622 in single mode so the picture looks the same on my tv1 as tv2 . NO letter boxing on hd that way. My picture fills the screen and hd looks very good on dvd upconverted.

#5 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:08 PM

I, too, have been giving some thought to getting a Philips DVDR3575H 160G HDD DVD Recorder w/ ATSC tuner and I have been following the AVS Forum on it.
http://www.avsforum....ad.php?t=830253 It looks pretty good to me. It looks like WalMart has these for $298.00.

spam firewall