Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PLEASE HELP-- HR20 with Destacker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gadgetfreaky

gadgetfreaky

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

So I am in a ATT MDU reselling Directv. I have an HR20 and was told by ATT to use an SCD-4P52W so that I can see High Definition and have dual tuners. But when I plug that destacker in, I only get only odd transponders, not even ones. I happen to have an old Sonora D575D destacker and it shows both Odd and Even. I need the SCD evidently though to see high definition but it does not appear to destack the signal at all (which is weird given the Sonora will).

The light on my SCD-4P52W is green. I can't figure out what's wrong. Did ATT tell me the wrong destacker model? Is it a bad destacker? (which is what I originally thought since the Sonora worked). Some people are now saying I need a different model but nobody is sure.

PLEASE HELP.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,855 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:25 PM

I would think any valid destacker would give you comparable results. However you need to know that any destacker is NOT going to give you the new mpeg4 feeds that the HR20 is capable of receiving. The most you will get are the mpeg2 HD feeds.

Carl

#3 OFFLINE   gadgetfreaky

gadgetfreaky

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

Well I appear to get all the transponders on the D575D except for three of them. Those three are 18, 26, and 28.

I only get satellite 101 however as they told me to configure it as a round dish.

I believe the SCD 4p52w destacker will give you those extra transponders which I guess are more HD channels.

ATT told me that I'll get HBO, Showtime Discovery HD etc as well as locals in HD.

I am not sure why the SCD is supposed to get more transponders or more satellites but I am hoping it does. And I would love to know why it's showing no even transponders.

#4 OFFLINE   gadgetfreaky

gadgetfreaky

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:20 AM

I would think any valid destacker would give you comparable results. However you need to know that any destacker is NOT going to give you the new mpeg4 feeds that the HR20 is capable of receiving. The most you will get are the mpeg2 HD feeds.

Carl

Turns out the advantage of the SCD destacker is that it shows a good chunk of the HD channels. A sonora destcker won't show any.

My issue now though is why it is only showing odd transponders. Seems like that would be a destacker problem but before I return it I'd like to be sure its not something else.

spam firewall