Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

L4.09?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Flasshe

Flasshe

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:52 AM

Don't know if I ever got 4.06 or not on my 622, but this morning I seem to have 4.09, and nothing's working. Well, OTA is working, but the receiver keeps going through endless rounds of "acquiring satellite signal" with 0 progress made.

What a fun upgrade!

Anyone else having problems?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:58 AM

I have L4.09 as well but it seems to be working just fine. I would do a hard reset and see if that corrects the problem for you.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#3 OFFLINE   Flasshe

Flasshe

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:14 AM

I've tried soft reset, hard reset, check switch, cleared the switch matrix - everything. Can't get a satellite signal on any sat/transponder in Point Dish. All sat channels are black with no audio. Looks like I have some sort of outside issue, even though I've inspected the antenna, switch, and cables as best I can (antenna is on the roof) and the weather is okay. And of course Dish can't send somebody out until Monday.

I still think it's somewhat suspicious that I wasn't having a problem until I got this 4.09 update. Oh well.

#4 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:23 AM

Flasshe,

Here is something to try: Go to menu, 6, 1, 1 and choose transponder 13 on the 119 satellite. If you do get a signal run a switch test from THAT menu and see if that fixes the problem.
Bill R

#5 OFFLINE   Flasshe

Flasshe

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:35 AM

Nope, I don't get a signal on that or any sat/transponder. Not even on 61.5, which is a different antenna, so I know it's not an alignment issue. Something's really hosed.

#6 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:05 AM

Flasshe,

Here is something that I always suggest when all else fails: do a factory reset (menu, 6, 6). If that does not help try a "power reset" (remove power for 5 minutes, then plug it back in).
Bill R

#7 OFFLINE   SteveRS

SteveRS

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:27 AM

Don't know if I ever got 4.06 or not on my 622, but this morning I seem to have 4.09, and nothing's working. Well, OTA is working, but the receiver keeps going through endless rounds of "acquiring satellite signal" with 0 progress made.

What a fun upgrade!

Anyone else having problems?

Same problem here twice with 4.09.
I have to disconnect both RG-6 cables to regain signal.
Reboot does not work.

#8 OFFLINE   Flasshe

Flasshe

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:02 AM

Flasshe,

Here is something that I always suggest when all else fails: do a factory reset (menu, 6, 6). If that does not help try a "power reset" (remove power for 5 minutes, then plug it back in).

Does any of that wipe out the hard disk? I have a lot of unwatched recorded programs...

SteveRS, I tried disconnecting the cables from the back of the unit, and that didn't help. I even did the procedure to clear the DPP44 switch matrix, since the first check switch didn't work. (Disconnect cables, do a hard reset, run check switch with cables disconnected, connect cables, hard reset, check switch again.) That has worked before for me in similar situations. That worked and it said the switch was okay, but I still got 0 signal strength on all sats/transponders, and the endless "acquiring satellite signal" loop (which even occasionally displayed nothing under "satellite" and transponder 0).

I won't be able to try anything new until I get back home tonight, but thanks for the suggestions, guys!

#9 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:03 AM

Apparently l4.09 tried to go to a lot of receivers. One of mine tried to take it but hung up. When I checked it this morning it was "on" with a 303 message, but it stayed on that for over an hour. I finally gave up and pulled the plug. It then went into boot recovery (first time I've seen that). Came back up as l4.05, but I then turned it "off" and it eventually rebooted itself and l409 showed up. Other then the announced l4.06 features (some of which will take awhile to test), the only thing I see of interested some unusual new counters on the diagnosis screen.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#10 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:46 AM

Does anyone know exactly when L4.09 spooled. I checked both of my 622's this morning before I left for work at 5:00 AM eastern time and I still had L4.05 on both. I'm hoping it spooled after that and I possibly received it.
EAGLES

#11 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:52 AM

It looks like it spooled late last night or early this morning. I've got release notes posted here:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=92475

Basically it looks like everything that was in L4.06 + a fix for a 'snowy screen' coming out of standby on HDMI connections.

Also I'm closing this thread, please use the new thread I just started and have stuck at the top of this forum, http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=92476

Thanks
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

Protected By... spam firewall...And...