I have a problem with my HR20 while viewing MLB EI game mix and MLB EI HD.
When I watch a game I tend to flip to the Game Mix (Ch 732) during the commercials. If I am watching a game on MLB EI HD (ch 730 & 731) and flip back and forth during the commercials, one of two things will happen eventually:
1) The banner will remain stuck, either always displayed or never displayed. No amount of button pushing can change its condition. The only thing that will change the banner is a reboot, RBR. BTW, when the banner is stuck no other menus will display. I can change channels, but the banner does not display the change.
2) The HD picture will display in a SD type format, with bars on both sides, slightly compressing the picture. The banner never displays or any menus. I can change channels, SD channels display normally, but all HD channels display in the shrunk format. Again RBR is the only way to correct.
I have never had this happen when watching the games in HD on Ch 94 & 95. This has never happened on any other channels, except 730 & 731, including any MLB EI channel.
I have had it happen with only a couple of flips, but usually it happens in the 6th inning or later.
Currently, I have the latest CE release on my HR20-700. However, this problem has occurred on at least 2 national releases and 3 different CE releases.
Recordings are not effected. On at least 3 occasions I have been recording a game when this happened and I left the DVR alone and switched to one of my 2 HR10-250 TiVos to finish watching, when the games ended I rebooted and each time the recordings were fine.
Yes, I know, I could just watch the games on ch 94 & 95 and evade this problem, but my concern is that this same situation could effect NFL ST Game Mix.
Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Guest Message by DevFuse
Problem with HR20 while viewing MLB EI Game Mix and MLB EI HD
No replies to this topic