Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with HR20 while viewing MLB EI Game Mix and MLB EI HD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   old7

old7

Godfather

• Registered
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

I have a problem with my HR20 while viewing MLB EI game mix and MLB EI HD.

When I watch a game I tend to flip to the Game Mix (Ch 732) during the commercials. If I am watching a game on MLB EI HD (ch 730 & 731) and flip back and forth during the commercials, one of two things will happen eventually:

1) The banner will remain stuck, either always displayed or never displayed. No amount of button pushing can change its condition. The only thing that will change the banner is a reboot, RBR. BTW, when the banner is stuck no other menus will display. I can change channels, but the banner does not display the change.

2) The HD picture will display in a SD type format, with bars on both sides, slightly compressing the picture. The banner never displays or any menus. I can change channels, SD channels display normally, but all HD channels display in the shrunk format. Again RBR is the only way to correct.

I have never had this happen when watching the games in HD on Ch 94 & 95. This has never happened on any other channels, except 730 & 731, including any MLB EI channel.

I have had it happen with only a couple of flips, but usually it happens in the 6th inning or later.

Currently, I have the latest CE release on my HR20-700. However, this problem has occurred on at least 2 national releases and 3 different CE releases.

Recordings are not effected. On at least 3 occasions I have been recording a game when this happened and I left the DVR alone and switched to one of my 2 HR10-250 TiVos to finish watching, when the games ended I rebooted and each time the recordings were fine.

Yes, I know, I could just watch the games on ch 94 & 95 and evade this problem, but my concern is that this same situation could effect NFL ST Game Mix.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...