Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mac Users: EyeConnect Works with the HR20

• Please log in to reply
654 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,634 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:11 PM

Eye Connect 1.7 is out and is Intel ONLY http://dl.elgato.com...nect_17_608.dmg

This is the link for EyeConnect 1.6.7, the last universal version. http://dl.elgato.com...ect_167_464.dmg
(For the more ambitious Mac users, here is the link to the EyeConnect plug in SDK
http://www.elgato.co...Connect.en.html)

Note: You must have sharing turned on in iPhoto and iTunes
1) Install Eyeconnect, it will appear in the System
Preferences window.
http://www.dbstalk.c...11&d=1190169179
2)Fire wall settings
Troubleshooting

Due to Apple's restrictions, playing back music that has been purchased from the iTunes Music Store is not supported.

Consult the owner’s guide of your digital media player for setup assistance.

In general, all UPnP AV devices require that the Macintosh which runs EyeConnect and the player device both reside on the same local network and subnet. Generally, this means if you are setting up the player to use a wireless connection, and your Mac is connected to the network via Ethernet, you will need to ensure that your Airport or other Wi-Fi base station is set to bridge the wired and wireless networks.

If you do not see any devices, try stopping and restarting EyeConnect. Check whether the Mac OS X Firewall is running. If it is, you need to create a new access rule that opens up port 2170.

For Mac OS 10.4.x, open the Sharing System Preference pane and select the Firewall tab. Click New. In the next sheet, select Other from the Port Name dropdown menu, type 2170 in the Port Number field, and “EyeConnect” into the Description field. Click OK, then go to the EyeConnect preference pane and restart EyeConnect.

For Mac OS 10.5.x, open the Security System Preference pane and select the Firewall tab. Add “Allow incoming connections” for the EyeConnect application located at /Library/Application Support/EyeConnect/EyeConnect.app.

For Mac OS 10.6.x, open the Security System Preference pane and select the Firewall tab. Click the Advanced button, and add “Allow incoming connections” for the EyeConnect application located at /Library/Application Support/EyeConnect/EyeConnect.app, and disable “Stealth Mode”.

http://www.dbstalk.c...10&d=1190169142
http://www.dbstalk.c...07&d=1190169105

3) start the server and you should be good to go. (You should see the HR20 in the device widow )
http://www.dbstalk.c...12&d=1190170182
Remember, Photo streaming (and video when enabled) is free for 30 days, after that it is music only unless you buy an activation key.

Attached Thumbnails

• add.port.jpg
  • addiphoto.jpg
  • content.jpg
  • firewall.jpg
  • prefpane.jpg
  • eyeconnect.jpg

Edited by machavez00, 10 December 2012 - 07:26 AM.
EyeConnect 1.7 released

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

Nick from Elgato has sent me a link to an Eyeconnect beta (1.1.1b2) that works!
Try it and give me your feedback It is a Mac UPnP A/V server. The pictures, etc will work for 30 days but the audio is free.
http://s3.amazonaws....ect/ec111b2.zip

WOOT!!! It works on mp4s and ACCs!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

WOOT!!! It works on mp4s and ACCs!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Are they ripped mp4's or purchased? I have a few I bought off iTunes and they will not play. All my other music is mp3

#4 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

Are they ripped mp4's or purchased? I have a few I bought off iTunes and they will not play. All my other music is mp3

Both. The purchased ones are the "Plus" ones, with the DRM removed. I have no mp3s. I will try the ones that are still DRM protected and see what happens. I'll report back in a few
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#5 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:38 PM

I just ripped "Abraxas" in AAC and it plays. No DRM music.

#6 OFFLINE   dmurphy

dmurphy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:39 PM

Nick from Elgato has sent me a link to an Eyeconnect beta (1.1.1b2) that works!
Try it and give me your feedback It is a Mac UPnP A/V server. The pictures, etc will work for 30 days but the audio is free.
http://s3.amazonaws....ect/ec111b2.zip

Well to heck with TwonkyVision then. :-)

Way to go Elgato!!!

#7 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:44 PM

Well to heck with TwonkyVision then. :-)

Way to go Elgato!!!

In any case, thanks for all your hard work to get Twonky to work. The pictures are still squeezed with T, not so with EyeConnect.

#8 OFFLINE   dmurphy

dmurphy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:50 PM

In any case, thanks for all your hard work to get Twonky to work. The pictures are still squeezed with T, not so with EyeConnect.

'twas nothing, really. No big deal. I like the EyeConnect solution a LOT better.

Having said that ... I just gave it a try - my AAC files work fine, but Protected AAC don't.

I found one or two that do, but I have no idea what the story is with that. Most of them say "Can't load media file" which is what I expected ...

Awesome job getting in touch with the folks at Elgato - thanks for staying on top of it and getting us a kick-ass solution! Those Windows folks can only DREAM of having such an elegant way to do this ......

#9 OFFLINE   dmurphy

dmurphy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:52 PM

Both. The purchased ones are the "Plus" ones, with the DRM removed. I have no mp3s. I will try the ones that are still DRM protected and see what happens. I'll report back in a few

No go on the DRM ones; glad that the Plus ones work though! Unfortunately of the 106 "Protected AAC" files, iTunes Plus only offers to convert 2 of 'em.

D'oh!

#10 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:52 PM

Anyway to stop the music other than shutting off EyeConnect then restarting it?
Dan Sholtis

#11 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:54 PM

No go on the DRM ones; glad that the Plus ones work though! Unfortunately of the 106 "Protected AAC" files, iTunes Plus only offers to convert 2 of 'em.

D'oh!

Only 2?? Ouch!! I wish all record companies went DRM free though would make things ALOT easier. And I second what has been said, thank you for the Twonky solution!!
Dan Sholtis

#12 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:59 PM

Dumb question, other than pressing the stop or exit button?

#13 OFFLINE   dmurphy

dmurphy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:59 PM

Does pressing the 'stop' button on the remote stop it?

#14 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

Does pressing the 'stop' button on the remote stop it?

That worked!! Though I have to tell you....Metallica never sounded so good as it does coming thru my TV while watching a ballgame. :D
Dan Sholtis

#15 OFFLINE   dmurphy

dmurphy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:12 PM

That worked!! Though I have to tell you....Metallica never sounded so good as it does coming thru my TV while watching a ballgame. :D

Well, as a Yankee fan, I get to hear Metallica in the 9th whenever Mo comes in to shut it down.

And yes, it never sounded so good as a rockin' Yankee Stadium with 58,000 fans going crazy!

#16 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

Dumb question, other than pressing the stop or exit button?

Actually the more I tinker with it, pressing the stop, exit OR pressing the yellow button. Neither of them work.
Dan Sholtis

#17 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:20 PM

Audio Podcasts will also play

#18 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:21 PM

Actually the more I tinker with it, pressing the stop, exit OR pressing the yellow button. Neither of them work.

Works on my Harmony 670, are the batteries low?

#19 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:23 PM

Works on my Harmony 670

I may have to program a button or two as I have tried the exit and yellow buttons. Pressing the yellow shows the other program indicating that SHOULD be the audio coming through but its not. Hitting exit same. Possible I have to tinker with my Xbox model Harmony a bit.
Dan Sholtis

#20 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:02 AM

My card expired and I'm waiting for new card to show up so I can activate the picture/video functions

Protected By... spam firewall...And...