Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mac Users: EyeConnect Works with the HR20

• Please log in to reply
654 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   sansabar

sansabar

AllStar

• Registered
  • 103 posts
  • LocationOusley, GA

Posted 20 October 2007 - 07:03 AM

I was having many of the same issues. The HR20 had always passed the network test and was connected to the internet but the HR20 was never seen by the network created by EyeConnect. I was convinced that the issue had to do with 10.4.10 which does not see many external USB and FW drives.
After the forced download of 0x1b4 last night EyeConnect now shows the HR20 as an enabled device. The HR20 shows all of my shared media folders and even started playing the music I selected. Now if someone can tell me how to turn the music off and return TV audio I would be appreciative. So far my solution has been to let the music finish then it automatically switches back when it has nothing left to play.
No matter where you go, there you are.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#202 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 07:44 AM

I was having many of the same issues. The HR20 had always passed the network test and was connected to the internet but the HR20 was never seen by the network created by EyeConnect. I was convinced that the issue had to do with 10.4.10 which does not see many external USB and FW drives.
After the forced download of 0x1b4 last night EyeConnect now shows the HR20 as an enabled device. The HR20 shows all of my shared media folders and even started playing the music I selected. Now if someone can tell me how to turn the music off and return TV audio I would be appreciative. So far my solution has been to let the music finish then it automatically switches back when it has nothing left to play.

in terms of getting the music to stop playing, all you have to do is press the yellow button to toggle between the music and the tv. when you have the music track selected you can use the play stop ff and rw buttons to control it. what reciever do you have, the 100 or 700? and thanks for the suggestion. what did you download to get it to work? i don't know what 0x1b4 is.

#203 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,617 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:39 AM

i don't know what 0x1b4 is.

That is the firmware version of the DVR
you must read the rules and agree to the terms to participate in the Cutting Edge (CE) program.
http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=90847

#204 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:23 AM

i was wondering what the whole ce was about everyone was talking about. do you think this will resolve my issue with my network not holding a connection with the hr20?

#205 OFFLINE   superchief

superchief

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:30 AM

[quote name='machavez00']Eye Connect 1.5 is out

This is the link for EyeConnect 1.5. http://s3.amazonaws....yeconnect15.dmg

THANKS SO MUCH!

I have a Vista PC with WMV-11, and it SUCKS with the HR20-700; EyeConnect works beautifully on my G5 Quad! Now I don't have to deal with transferring my entire iTunes collection over to the (dreaded) Winders environment.

Well worth the $49.95; now if D* would get their act together on Video streaming... :lol:
DirecTV subscriber since 1994!
My systems info

#206 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 02:37 PM

i was wondering what the whole ce was about everyone was talking about. do you think this will resolve my issue with my network not holding a connection with the hr20?

How often is it losing connection?

#207 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:01 PM

How often is it losing connection?

well, i've only sucessfully got the media share in the hr20 menu 3 times. the first time it was hooked directly to the ethernet port in the back of my mac. i lost the connection after the hr20 froze on me. The second time i lost the connection when my hd went to sleep. i've turned that off in the energy saver prefs now. and the last time was last night, that lost connection while i was listening to a song, and i havn't been able to get it back ever since. everytime, i've got it to connect by restarting everything multiple times, different orders, cables hooked/unhooked....in other words, by luck. The hr20 shows up in eyeconnect and in my router/modem network page. The hr20 passes all tests, connected to network and internet. Saring is turned on. I turned off little snitch (thought that might be causing a problem). I was in the chat room last night for a couple hours trying everything pple were recomending.....everyone said its hooked up and set up correctly.....it just isn't bringing up the media sharing in the hr20 menu for some reason. I was told it's probably my router, but it doesn't even connect wired directly to the ethernet port in the back of my mac. I'm going to try the ce dl tonight, it seemed to work for someone else that was having a similar problem.....besides that i'm stumped.

#208 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:23 PM

ok, just dl'd the new ce....music/photo's was in the menu, but said couldn't access media. My computer and the application Azureus were listed under computers in the menu. After about a half hour my computer disconnected from the server......but Azureus stayed connected for another half hour after that, which i thought was odd. How can an application on a server connect if the server itself logged off???? at any rate i'm back to square one, i can't get music/photo's back in the menu again. even if it's plugged straight to the back of the mac.....any idea's???

#209 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:15 AM

are any of your songs from the iTunes store? have you tried photos yet?

#210 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:48 AM

no, all of my music is my own. and before the update i was able to access my entire library, when it felt like connecting that is. It's not accessing photo's either, when again before i could access them. Either way, before the update i had a hard time getting music/photo's in the menu, but when i did everything worked good until the server logged off......this time around, when i had music/photo's in the menu, i couldn't do anything, then the server logged off. I'm using vod right now and everything is dling fine, so i know it's hooked up. Passed the connection test...shows up in eyeconnect. This is starting to drive me nuts. i'm gonna reinstall eyeconnect again and see what happens

#211 OFFLINE   sansabar

sansabar

AllStar

• Registered
  • 103 posts
  • LocationOusley, GA

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:53 AM

A few thoughts.

Check the Energy Saver preferences in your Mac. Make sure this isn't causing your disconnection.

Sometimes a restart (both machines) is required for settings to properly take effect.

A utility like Applejack can be run on the Mac to help remove bad cache, preferences, etc. and to restore functionality of your drive. It runs as a single user mode on startup and does a great job. I run it every once in a while just to do housecleaning.

#212 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:59 AM

blondago has already checked the energy saving settings. There seems to be something else at work here we haven't been able to figure out. This has got me stumped.

#213 OFFLINE   sansabar

sansabar

AllStar

• Registered
  • 103 posts
  • LocationOusley, GA

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:00 AM

in terms of getting the music to stop playing, all you have to do is press the yellow button to toggle between the music and the tv. when you have the music track selected you can use the play stop ff and rw buttons to control it. what reciever do you have, the 100 or 700? and thanks for the suggestion. what did you download to get it to work? i don't know what 0x1b4 is.

I have the 700. I can switch back and forth but can't seem to reclaim control of the TV volume - all I can do is turn off the music volume. What am I missing?

#214 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:10 AM

you gain control of the video, not the audio when playing music and watching TV. When playing music with a slide show you will toggle between music and photo control.

#215 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:13 AM

how do i completely uninstall eyeconnect? i was thinking of going down to version 1.1b....or maybe giving twonky a shot. Also, does restarting the hr20 after this weekends ce dl mess anything up? cause everything is working fine aside from the media sharing. i did have the phone line hooked up w/o a dsl filter on it tho....i'm thinking maybe this might have messed something up possibly....i'm just grabbing at straws over here now. as far as controling the tv audio, when media share was working, when i listened to music it complete killed the tv audio, which is what i thought it was suppost to do. just stopped the song to get the tv back.....or are you saying you can't control the volume of your tv itself?

#216 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:40 AM

how do i completely uninstall eyeconnect? i was thinking of going down to version 1.1b....or maybe giving twonky a shot. Also, does restarting the hr20 after this weekends ce dl mess anything up? cause everything is working fine aside from the media sharing. i did have the phone line hooked up w/o a dsl filter on it tho....i'm thinking maybe this might have messed something up possibly....i'm just grabbing at straws over here now. as far as controling the tv audio, when media share was working, when i listened to music it complete killed the tv audio, which is what i thought it was suppost to do. just stopped the song to get the tv back.....or are you saying you can't control the volume of your tv itself?

no phone filters sounds like a possible cause, but that should interfere only with the internet. Twonky does not support AAC/MP4 audio
The volume control for the tv should not be affected

#217 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,978 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:51 AM

You can run EyeConnect and Twonky simultaneously. I do, although I am more likely to have problems with Twonky.

#218 OFFLINE   rm226

rm226

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:40 AM

Installed EyeConnect 1.5 and followed all the instructions in this thread. I have two HR20 (100 & 700) and both are connecting to the EyeConnect server however when I select Music (on either HR20) in the menu I can get so far and then it stops or will return a message that it can't access data or can't access the computer. If I select photos it worked several times after I had tested this function.

My question relates to your comment about "are any of your songs from the iTunes store?" In my case I have about 1400 songs in my iTunes library and about 5% are from the store some of which are DRM and some non-DRM. Could this be a cause of not being able to access?

#219 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:23 PM

Installed EyeConnect 1.5 and followed all the instructions in this thread. I have two HR20 (100 & 700) and both are connecting to the EyeConnect server however when I select Music (on either HR20) in the menu I can get so far and then it stops or will return a message that it can't access data or can't access the computer. If I select photos it worked several times after I had tested this function.

My question relates to your comment about "are any of your songs from the iTunes store?" In my case I have about 1400 songs in my iTunes library and about 5% are from the store some of which are DRM and some non-DRM. Could this be a cause of not being able to access?

DRM songs will not play using any server (twonky, eyeconnect, WMP 11 etc)

#220 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

no phone filters sounds like a possible cause, but that should interfere only with the internet. Twonky does not support AAC/MP4 audio
The volume control for the tv should not be affected

i have 10,000 songs, all mp3 so that doesn't concern me really. I was going to try a complete uninstall of eyeconnect, then reinstall it, since the ce is in place now, and i know everything is connected and working. I ran the uninstaller, but there are still about 7 diff. preference files scattered around. I also tried to zap it with app zapper, but i guess it doesn't view it as an application so it didn't work. Just want to make sure i get all the remnants off. Before the ce, if i just started restarting all the hardware, it would eventually connect again for a half hour, i just don't wanna screw anything up with the ce, cause the box itself is working great. some little querks here and there, but nothing to complain about. Thanks for the tip about being able to use twonky and eyeconnect tho, i'll try that if a reinstall doesn't work. So do i have to stop eyeconnect to run twonky? i've never used twonky b4. I'll mess around with it. I know this is a dumb question, but is there a specific driver or firmware i might be missing to run eyeconnect? My mac is pretty old, it's a g4 500mhz. I've upgraded the processor to a dual 1.8, added a hard drive controller ultra ata133. It's still only running at 100mhz bus speed tho, and it doesn't have the gigabyte ethernet, i didn't know if any of this would affect the network at all. According to software update i'm up to date with everything except quicktime, just cause i dont wanna loose my pro key just yet. I'm just throwing out a bunch of details, cause maybe i'm just missing something that one of you would pick up on. I already disabled little snitch, even though i had the setting to allow eyeconnect to pass through. The only other thing i can think of is the firmware install i had to do to get my dual 1.8 processor working. It's the newertech 1.8 dual, had to run a firmware patch before i installed the processor. Aside from the above, i really don't know. I have to be missing something stupid. well, let me try a couple more things out here.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...