Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mac Users: EyeConnect Works with the HR20

• Please log in to reply
654 replies to this topic

#221 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,106 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:34 PM

Twonky will run completely independently of Eyeconnect. You configure it by pointing your browser to 127.0.0.1:9000. Twonky will run for 30 days before you need to purchase a key. My copy seems to lose its key and configuration at times (the copy on my Linux box does not, however).

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#222 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:34 PM

Installed EyeConnect 1.5 and followed all the instructions in this thread. I have two HR20 (100 & 700) and both are connecting to the EyeConnect server however when I select Music (on either HR20) in the menu I can get so far and then it stops or will return a message that it can't access data or can't access the computer. If I select photos it worked several times after I had tested this function.

My question relates to your comment about "are any of your songs from the iTunes store?" In my case I have about 1400 songs in my iTunes library and about 5% are from the store some of which are DRM and some non-DRM. Could this be a cause of not being able to access?

at what point does it stop? when you try to select a song? can you bring up your library at all? if so, try to make a small playlist in itunes of NON drm songs and see if you can play them. Even if you have drm music in your library, the rest of the library should work, you just won't be able to play the drm music. also, if you can't access your music at all, check and make sure you have sharing turned on inside the itunes application, not just the preference pane. cause if you can access your photo's, you should be able to access your music too.

#223 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:38 PM

Twonky will run completely independently of Eyeconnect. You configure it by pointing your browser to 127.0.0.1:9000. Twonky will run for 30 days before you need to purchase a key. My copy seems to lose its key and configuration at times (the copy on my Linux box does not, however).

oh, so twonky isn't freeware.....i'll still give it a shot...i saw a forum on it somewhere on here, i actually had it downloaded before i found eyeconnect......hey bob, what setup are you running? would you mind if i pm'd you, i'd like to compare a couple settings and software versions with someone who is running eyeconnect sucessfully, like i said might be as stupid as me needing to update something

#224 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:29 PM

ok, i thought i was confused before.....i dl'd twonky and installed the zip file as directed in the forum. I'm on the configuration page, and first thing it's asking for is an activation code. aside from that, i can't figure out what i'm suppost to be doing here....lol. can't find a thread that explains the setup.....can anyone direct me with a link?

#225 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:43 PM

ok, well i added all my directories, and have everything set up the way i think it should be and i'm not seeing anything on my hr20. it says trial version 30 days left, lists how many songs and pics i'm sharing, the only thing i'm unsure of is assigning the client, it appears as a bunch of numbers under generic media reciever. it seems like it should be working tho....

#226 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:06 PM

ok, i guess i did have it setup right, i finally said screw it and restarted the hr20, mediashare is now in the menu, but my god its slow...takes about a minute between selecting something to move on to the next menu, and now the hr20 remote is froze after displaying the message can't access media. it had my full itunes list on there tho. a step ahead, but at least eyeconnect worked when it was connected. i am using version 4.4, i'm guessing that is a good release, the only threads i could find on twonky were posted a couple months ago

#227 OFFLINE   firehire

firehire

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:25 PM

What wireless router set-up did you guys use to connect to your airport from the HR20? I did the requisite search, but couldn't find a Mac specific answer. I'm running a 3.0 Xeon Quad Intel Mac Pro.
Optoma H79 Projector
Marantz SR7001 AVR
Toshiba HD-XA1 HD-DVD
DirecTV HR20

#228 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,106 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

It shouldn't matter. I am using a couple of Buffalo WLI=TX4-G54HP wireless ethernet converters. It comes with a setup disk for Windows, but it can all be done with the Safari browser.

#229 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:45 PM

What wireless router set-up did you guys use to connect to your airport from the HR20? I did the requisite search, but couldn't find a Mac specific answer. I'm running a 3.0 Xeon Quad Intel Mac Pro.

Using an Airport Express here.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#230 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,106 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:46 PM

ok, i guess i did have it setup right, i finally said screw it and restarted the hr20, mediashare is now in the menu, but my god its slow...takes about a minute between selecting something to move on to the next menu, and now the hr20 remote is froze after displaying the message can't access media. it had my full itunes list on there tho. a step ahead, but at least eyeconnect worked when it was connected. i am using version 4.4, i'm guessing that is a good release, the only threads i could find on twonky were posted a couple months ago

What firmware version is on your HR20? I recall a CE which was pretty slow a while ago, but the last few have been pretty speedy.

#231 OFFLINE   firehire

firehire

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:09 PM

Using an Airport Express here.

Disregard, I'm a dork.
Optoma H79 Projector
Marantz SR7001 AVR
Toshiba HD-XA1 HD-DVD
DirecTV HR20

#232 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:51 AM

What firmware version is on your HR20? I recall a CE which was pretty slow a while ago, but the last few have been pretty speedy.

i have the newest ce. i'm still diggin for an answer...i'll let ya know if i ever get it fixed

#233 OFFLINE   Darwynz

Darwynz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:46 PM

Anyone else find that OSX 10.5 broke EyeConnect 1.5? I cant get the EyeConnect server to start.

#234 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

Anyone else find that OSX 10.5 broke EyeConnect 1.5? I cant get the EyeConnect server to start.

well, i never could get eyeconnect to run right with 10.4 so......i'm installing leopard tomorrow and the new ce tonight so....i hope it works

#235 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:03 PM

did you archive and install, update and install, or do a clean install? They recomend archiving and installing. better to start with a clean slate. I'd try uninstalling eyeconnect and installing it again. they "say" it works with 10.5 so......

#236 OFFLINE   firehire

firehire

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:21 PM

Ok, I finally got my HR20 networked and on the Internet. I downloaded the latest version of EyeConnect, installed it and it sees my HR20. It states that it is offline. My HR20 says it connected to the internet. I have done the requisite firewall adjustments and I can't find it on my HR20. Where do I look for my computer on the HR20?
Optoma H79 Projector
Marantz SR7001 AVR
Toshiba HD-XA1 HD-DVD
DirecTV HR20

#237 OFFLINE   blondago

blondago

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:31 PM

Ok, I finally got my HR20 networked and on the Internet. I downloaded the latest version of EyeConnect, installed it and it sees my HR20. It states that it is offline. My HR20 says it connected to the internet. I have done the requisite firewall adjustments and I can't find it on my HR20. Where do I look for my computer on the HR20?

it should say music and photo's when you hit the menu button.....if not do a menu reset and hopefully it will show up and stay there...unlike mine..lol

#238 OFFLINE   firehire

firehire

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:47 PM

it should say music and photo's when you hit the menu button.....if not do a menu reset and hopefully it will show up and stay there...unlike mine..lol

I should of figured to do the reset. That worked. My only problem now is it sees my Playstation 3 and assigns it a IP, but my HR20 shows offline.
Optoma H79 Projector
Marantz SR7001 AVR
Toshiba HD-XA1 HD-DVD
DirecTV HR20

#239 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,646 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:03 AM

I should of figured to do the reset. That worked. My only problem now is it sees my Playstation 3 and assigns it a IP, but my HR20 shows offline.

It shows "offline" all the time. I can play music and photos with out any issues.

#240 OFFLINE   WesGaige

WesGaige

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:23 AM

It was working. But I stopped the server and it will not start again.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...