Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Caller ID using wireless phone jacks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jacobp

jacobp

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

Hello. I am relatively new to the HR20-700 after years of having the HR10-250. I must admit I like the HR20 a lot more than I thought I would.

I have 2 HR20s. I have a phone line connected directly from the phone jack to one of the HR20s and CID works fine.

On the other HR20, I am using one of those wireless phone jacks that have a transmitter connected to the phone jack and a receiver module connected to the HR20. This setup worked fine with the HR10-250, but on the HR20 I am not getting any CID functionality at all -- no popups and no logging of calls.

Is there a way to get this to work?

Thanks.

Jacob

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:35 AM

Hello. I am relatively new to the HR20-700 after years of having the HR10-250. I must admit I like the HR20 a lot more than I thought I would.

I have 2 HR20s. I have a phone line connected directly from the phone jack to one of the HR20s and CID works fine.

On the other HR20, I am using one of those wireless phone jacks that have a transmitter connected to the phone jack and a receiver module connected to the HR20. This setup worked fine with the HR10-250, but on the HR20 I am not getting any CID functionality at all -- no popups and no logging of calls.

Is there a way to get this to work?

Thanks.

Jacob

I have wireless phone jacks and my CID has worked fine with them. Your problem may be elsewhere. Do you have a long enough phone cord to temporarily connect that HR20 to a wall jack? If so, try that and see if the problem is with the wireless phone jacks or the HR20. My guess is the HR20.

#3 OFFLINE   tfederov

tfederov

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:24 PM

I'm using wireless modem jacks and I'm getting CID working just fine. FWIW I'm using Phonex jacks.
- Tony

SWiM16, H21-100, H23-600, H21-700 w/AM21, HR24-500, HR24-100 w/AM21, (3) HR20-700
All receivers networked via DECA
MediaShare using TVersity on Win 7 VM over Mac Snow Leopard

#4 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:46 PM

FWIW I'm using Phonex jacks.

As am I....

#5 OFFLINE   judson_west

judson_west

Godfather

• Registered
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:46 PM

My CID works too. I'm using RCA branded jacks. They were originally marketed to work with TiVo's.
Video/Audio 1: DirecTV HR24-500 (HDMI)-> Sony STR-DA5200ES -> Sony KDL-52XBR9
Video/Audio 2: DirecTV HR20-700 (HDMI) -> Sony KDL-32EX500
Video/Audio 3: DirecTV HR20-700 (HDMI) -> Sony KDL-40EX500

#6 OFFLINE   jacobp

jacobp

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:08 PM

My CID works too. I'm using RCA branded jacks. They were originally marketed to work with TiVo's.

I have the RCA branded jacks and I cannot get them to work. Maybe I'll try disconnecting and then reconnecting them.

#7 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:15 PM

I have the RCA branded jacks and I cannot get them to work. Maybe I'll try disconnecting and then reconnecting them.

Again, I wouldn't assume the problme is with the phone jacks. Does it pass the phone test? If so, the problme is probably with the HR20. I would do what I suggested in post #2 to find out for sure.

#8 OFFLINE   jacobp

jacobp

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:44 PM

Again, I wouldn't assume the problme is with the phone jacks. Does it pass the phone test? If so, the problme is probably with the HR20. I would do what I suggested in post #2 to find out for sure.

Thanks. I did run a direct line to it and it was working fine with CID.

spam firewall