Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Having a problem with updating my 622 to L409

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DBS Commando

DBS Commando

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:32 AM

Hey guys,

I currently have the ViP622 receiver that is stuck on the L405 software update. I have been searching the menu's to see if I can manually update it to the latest but I've been unsuccessful so far. I've tried to stimulate it to update by reseting the update time in the prefences menu to the current time and when I do that, I'll get a dialogue asking me to power down so it can check for updates. I let it sit for about 35 minutes and nothing happened.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Currently pointing at the 110, 119, and 61.5 satellites (NY-NJ setup, not sure if this helps)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:42 AM

:welcome_s ComputerBox. here is no way to force an update. It is rolled out in groups so the answer is.. patience is a virtue, If the roll out is successful initially you will eventually get it.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#3 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:45 AM

Hey guys,

I currently have the ViP622 receiver that is stuck on the L405 software update. I have been searching the menu's to see if I can manually update it to the latest but I've been unsuccessful so far. I've tried to stimulate it to update by reseting the update time in the prefences menu to the current time and when I do that, I'll get a dialogue asking me to power down so it can check for updates. I let it sit for about 35 minutes and nothing happened.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Currently pointing at the 110, 119, and 61.5 satellites (NY-NJ setup, not sure if this helps)

It will only update if it matches the info attached to the update (maybe 25%-33% of machines match the current partial release criteria).

See P. Smith's post of what machines match
http://www.dbstalk.c...3&postcount=462
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#4 OFFLINE   DBS Commando

DBS Commando

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:12 PM

Thanks guys

Didn't know they rolled out the update in segments.

Any reason why it skipped the update to L406?

#5 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:19 PM

Based on what Rob said.. It appears that they found something during the roll out so they stopped, fixed it, and then spooled the fix in L4.09.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

Protected By... spam firewall...And...