Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
HR20-700 - first no playback, now hanging - Help?
Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:06 PM
I have a number of shows scheduled to record and I watch them regularly.
A couple of nights ago, I noticed 2 new behavior issues with the machine:
1. It was very sluggish in changing channels (like 10 seconds black screen or more)
2. When I tried to play one of the recorded shows, the screen would briefly show the recording's details at the top and then the screen would go blank. The circle of blue LEDs on the DVR would slowly blink on and off in a dim-in / dim-out fashion.
3. I got tired of this and unpligged the machine. When I plugged it back in, it went through its initiation cycle and then got stuck at something like'Step 1 of 2, retrieving satellite details'. The circle of blue LEDs is 'turning'.
When I got up this morning, it was still turning and I have no picture, other than the DVR screen with the 'step 1 of 2' message.
Any ideas/suggestions anyone?
Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:08 PM
Try unplugging it again...
And restarting one more time.
Also disconnect any network connections (if you have them).
DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV
Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:17 PM