Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Networking Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Duffycoug

Duffycoug

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:31 PM

I just connected my HR20 to my network (hard wired)....I went to the network screen on my HR0, hit connect, and it said, "Congratulations, you are connected to the internet"......now how do I get it to see my music and photos from WMP11?? Also, where is the screen on the HR20?

Thanks!
AT9 -->WB68 --> HR 20-100S --> HDMI --> Sony 42" Plasma KDE-42XS955.
(4) SD Directv Tivo.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:35 PM

I just connected my HR20 to my network (hard wired)....I went to the network screen on my HR0, hit connect, and it said, "Congratulations, you are connected to the internet"......now how do I get it to see my music and photos from WMP11?? Also, where is the screen on the HR20?

Thanks!

Once you set up sharing with WMP11 you will get a music & photos option in the HR20 menu.

To setup WMP11 for sharing open WMP11. Right click the top bar. Then tools and then options. Then click library. Configure sharing. Check the box for share my media to. Then click on the unknown device and click allow.

#3 OFFLINE   Duffycoug

Duffycoug

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:42 PM

Once you set up sharing with WMP11 you will get a music & photos option in the HR20 menu.

To setup WMP11 for sharing open WMP11. Right click the top bar. Then tools and then options. Then click library. Configure sharing. Check the box for share my media to. Then click on the unknown device and click allow.

I've done everything you said, but there is one problem.....there is no device listed....should I try to reset my HR20? I read another thread that said that allowed his to work.
(4) SD Directv Tivo.

#4 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:01 PM

I've done everything you said, but there is one problem.....there is no device listed....should I try to reset my HR20? I read another thread that said that allowed his to work.

You could try a reset to see if that helps. Also when you go to the screen that will show the unknown device let it sit for a few minutes. When I set up one of my HR20's I had to do that and it showed up after about 3 minutes.

#5 OFFLINE   Duffycoug

Duffycoug

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:12 PM

You could try a reset to see if that helps. Also when you go to the screen that will show the unknown device let it sit for a few minutes. When I set up one of my HR20's I had to do that and it showed up after about 3 minutes.

I reset the HR20 and it then showed up in the WMP11 as an unknown device....going upstairs to check the HR20 now!

Went upstairs and everything works fine.....the reset of the HR20 got everything working. Thanks for your help Ravens.
(4) SD Directv Tivo.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...