Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help with B Converter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crwmlw

crwmlw

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

Ok I have 2 HR20's that have the B band converteres on them but when I tune to 499 like they said to do they say there not installed. Anyone else having these problems? What gives?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

Ok I have 2 HR20's that have the B band converteres on them but when I tune to 499 like they said to do they say there not installed. Anyone else having these problems? What gives?

Is it happening on all 4 tuners?

#3 OFFLINE   crwmlw

crwmlw

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

How do I check all 4 tuners

#4 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

How do I check all 4 tuners

On each HR20 check the one tuner and then change the channel and press record. Then change to 499 and it will switch the other tuner to 499.

#5 OFFLINE   crwmlw

crwmlw

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:21 PM

looks like all 4

#6 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:23 PM

looks like all 4

You do have them connected between the SAT lines and the HR20's correct? If so it sounds like you may have 4 bad BBC's. So call DIRECTV and they will send you new ones.

#7 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

On each HR20 check the one tuner and then change the channel and press record. Then change to 499 and it will switch the other tuner to 499.

oops..I think there needs to be another channel change.
EVERY time you change channels it changes tuners [unless recording] so if you're on 499 and change one time, then press record [other tuner] and then back to 499 you're back on the same tuner.

So: find a channel to record, then tune to 499 and then tune to another channel. Record this one and then cancel the first recording and tune back to 499.
You should have now tested both tuners.
A.K.A VOS

#8 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

oops..I think there needs to be another channel change.
EVERY time you change channels it changes tuners [unless recording] so if you're on 499 and change one time, then press record [other tuner] and then back to 499 you're back on the same tuner.

So: find a channel to record, then tune to 499 and then tune to another channel. Record this one and then cancel the first recording and tune back to 499.
You should have now tested both tuners.

I forgot about that. Thanks for the correction VOS.

#9 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:36 PM

Do you have a -100 or -700?

If the -700, you should get the search for sat error message.

If the -100, your results will be inconsistant. You may want to get tonights CE release and try afterwards. I believe 017e will work with the -100 & ch 499.

As a side note, there really should be a sticky or something about the BBCs, how to check if they are working, what software version is need for each model.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#10 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:15 PM

To check the BBC with HR-20 you will need to tune to channel 499. If you get a searching for signal tuner #1 or 2, the BBC is working. If you have them installed and get a screen that says to call DirecTV, then they aren't working.
Now to check the other tuner you will need to change channels twice to have the same tuner being used again. Then change to 499 and you should be using the other tuner for the test.
Another way is to record a channel. This will lock one tuner and then tune to channel 499 to test the other tuner. After this tune to another channel and start recording it. After this go to your first recording and cancel it. This will free up the first tuner [as the other is now recording]. Now go back to channel 499 and you will be using the other tuner for the test. If it passes you will see searching for Sat signal 771 tuner #x. If you read the message you can tell which tuner you are testing. If you go through these steps you should see both tuner #1 and tuner #2 searching for signal if both BBCs are working.
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...