Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

PC Satellite Reception

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   maizenbluedoc

maizenbluedoc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:28 AM

I need help. The following has been posted on numerous forums and I am totally confused by various conflicting answers. Hopefully, someone has experience and can assist me. The following is my dilemma: Please allow me to preface my question by saying that I spent from 1110-1524 today on the telephone with a Dell representative attempting to solve my problem only to be told after 4 hours that my tuner does not support a digital signal and will not be replaced as a result of purchasing this and an E521`online.
My packing list list the tuner as a Dual TV Tuner Q/Remote, TVT3, MCEO5,DIM. My satellite system is from Dish network utilizing a DVR 622 receiver. I don't recall reading that this particular tuner would only support analog signals and not digital signals. Purchasing the proper tuner is not a problem, but the problem I have is that this wasn't made available when I placed my order. Just curious if anyone else has a similar problem. Also, not pleased that I could not talk to a supervisor at Dell, only listen to a relayed message through the lady who did her best to assist, albeit obviously limited in her expertise. Otherwise, it wouldn't have taken almost four hours to arrive at the conclusion that the signal or lack thereof was the culprit. When I contacted the Dell Community Forum, I was told that this TV tuner should work as is. I am now more confused than ever. Any assistance appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:46 AM

Although your post is very hard to follow, I'm guessing you are trying to watch a Dishnetwork signal on your computer?? First, unless you are using the HD output of the receiver, the signal coming from the receiver is not digital, only the signal being recieved by the 622 is digital. If the signal coming out of the reciever was digital few tvs would be able to use the 622.

You do understand the only way to watch a Dishnetwork signal is from your dishnetwork receiver, right? That means the only way to change channels would be to change the channel on the receiver itself, just like you were watching on tv. No tuner can receive signals from Dishnetwork bypassing the Dishnetwork sat box.

If you are trying to watch Dishnetwork on your computer, I strongly recommend using a Slingbox, if you have a broadband connection.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...