Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Iamanedgecutter Issue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   johneli

johneli

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:34 AM

Hr20 700 0x168

I have been reading that if you type "iamanedgecutter" into search and when you get no result you hold down the menu and info keys simultaneously you will get a menu that allows you to make some cool changes to the unit's functionality. When I follow these instructions the only menu I get is "Playlist Options" with no where to go from there. I must be doing something wrong but damned if I can determine what it is. Please help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,815 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:47 AM

Some of the original edgecutter options have been moved to an open menu under setup.

Carl

#3 OFFLINE   mike_augie

mike_augie

You call I haul..

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

welcome to the site and yes that is correct ...make sure that you are doing thoese commands from the box and not form the remote....and when you did your search did you do it form the keyword?? but other than that it should work ....enjoy and once agian welcome
(2) Hr 20-700
HR 20-100
Phillips tivo
D-11
AU-9.
SWM 8 channel

#4 OFFLINE   johneli

johneli

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:50 AM

Thanks to both of you! First to you Carl for pointing out that those changes are indeed in my display menu. And to you Mike for the warm welcome. Thanks guys.

#5 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

It isn't stated explicitly in this thread, but for anyone else coming along who's trying to get to any hidden setup options, make sure you input IAMANEDGECUTTER on the keyword search, wait for the "no results" message, and then you can press MENU + INFO simultaneously on the front panel. Also, you only have to enter the keyword search once. As long as it's in your list of recent searches, you can always just go to the front panel and press MENU + INFO.

spam firewall