Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

local hd listing for new cities

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

I haven't been able to find a list of when the local channels will be activated in my area. I live in the Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA area. Know where I can get this info?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:22 AM

I meant to add its the HD channels I'm looking for

#3 OFFLINE   mike_augie

mike_augie

You call I haul..

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

besides the inside info that is not pulbicly posted, the list of hd channles and when they will be added is not "public" knowledge...but i bet we wont see any new lil HD until the new sat is in place....
(2) Hr 20-700
HR 20-100
Phillips tivo
D-11
AU-9.
SWM 8 channel

#4 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:33 AM

besides the inside info that is not pulbicly posted, the list of hd channles and when they will be added is not "public" knowledge...but i bet we wont see any new lil HD until the new sat is in place....

I remember Chris or someone put out a link that listed when HD locals would be available. I guess they don't do that anymore?

#5 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,709 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:35 AM

What's available, and speculation about next cities, is here ....
http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=65321
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#6 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:45 AM

What's available, and speculation about next cities, is here ....
http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=65321

Thanks, it tells me who has it and who doesn't but doesn't give a projected availability date. But I do appreciate the directions.

wad

#7 OFFLINE   HouseBowlrz

HouseBowlrz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 294 posts
  • LocationCentreville, VA

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:01 PM

I haven't been able to find a list of when the local channels will be activated in my area. I live in the Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA area. Know where I can get this info?

Thanks

Honestly, not sure when they will be available in your area. My mother and her husband live in Mecklenberg County and were getting both Roanoke and Raleigh channels when they had cable (Charter).

Late last Fall, they went with DirecTV with an HD receiver ... (not the DVR - a bit surprised) ... and are lined up with Raleigh locals which are not currently available in HD. For that, they are getting the New York feeds for HD.

Moving a little off topic ... available to them are neighboring local channels in Richmond (WRIC/ABC), Roanoke (WDBJ/CBS) and Lynchburg (WSET/ABC). I'm in Northern Virginia and am closer to Baltimore than they are to Richmond; yet, I don't have the opportunity to get Baltimore as a neighboring local.

Anyway, the answer to your question is that you should be able to get the New York feeds for HD programming.

hope that helps
Centreville, VA, 20120

DirecTV Subscriber: since January 2000
NFL Sunday Ticket: since 2000 NFL Season
Hughes Series 2 DirecTiVo (modified): October 2003, connected to RCA 27" Standard
DirecTV HR-20 HD-DVR: October 2006, connected to LG 42" Widescreen HD LCD

#8 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:03 PM

Honestly, not sure when they will be available in your area. My mother and her husband live in Mecklenberg County and were getting both Roanoke and Raleigh channels when they had cable (Charter).

Late last Fall, they went with DirecTV with an HD receiver ... (not the DVR - a bit surprised) ... and are lined up with Raleigh locals which are not currently available in HD. For that, they are getting the New York feeds for HD.

Moving a little off topic ... available to them are neighboring local channels in Richmond (WRIC/ABC), Roanoke (WDBJ/CBS) and Lynchburg (WSET/ABC). I'm in Northern Virginia and am closer to Baltimore than they are to Richmond; yet, I don't have the opportunity to get Baltimore as a neighboring local.

Anyway, the answer to your question is that you would like be able to get the New York feeds for HD programming.

hope that helps

I tried, but the local affiliates would not grant me a waiver. I have the OTA, but too many trees and the signal fluctuates so much, it gets frustrating. Thanks for the info.

#9 OFFLINE   HDTVFanAtic

HDTVFanAtic

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:28 PM

They currently have a space crunch in that general geographic region.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...