Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network @ Walmart

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 08:01 PM

I Know they sell directv Dishes & Dish network Systems My Walmart uesd to Have a Directv System Hooked Up For people to See a Demo Not anymore
The Dish Network Systems Are all the way in the back With nobody to Help you I also Noticed they are selling Dish Network In Suncoast Movie Stores

Also Someone Said Sears has The Systems ??
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Bob Haller

Bob Haller

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 08:15 PM

Yes Sears does offer the 508, 301 and possibly the 721. Or go to a local dealer or dish depot and save the sales tax//

#3 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 08:17 PM

Also Radio Shack now... Find a local dealer though, much better IMO...

#4 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 08:54 PM

National E* retailers include, RadioShack, Sears, WalMart, Costco, BJs Wholesale, Media Play (at least around here) and soon to be CompUSA. Sams Club and Target also used to sell E* equiptment, not sure if they still do. RS and WalMart sell RCA branded E* systems (mainly 301s) along with D* as part of an agreement with Thomson Electronics
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#5 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Registered
  • 830 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 09:28 PM

Sam's still does dish, 508s and 3100s. Target here in Texas switched to DirecTV, but only because Philips switched. Lately, you don't see any satellite at all at Target.

#6 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 10:52 PM

I have noticed some kind of RCA code on the bottom of my receivers I have been getting in although it is not stamped on the front, I wonder what is up with that.

Wal-Mart does not know about the product like a local retailer does and has no experience. They are more likely to give false information about the product and do not do the installs. There is no service after the sale either. I do not see the advantage of buying at Wal-Mart, only for Dish do I see the advantage, not the customer. It might be good for replacement parts or for places in which there are no local retailer.

#7 Guest_Kryspy_*

Guest_Kryspy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2002 - 07:19 AM

Hi,

The RCA are the newest ones with a single "Omega" TSOP chip. THe others are made by JVC.

Kryspy

#8 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 07:54 AM

I also Noticed they are selling Dish Network In Suncoast Movie Stores

Media Play

Ah, now that's an interesting development. Suncoast and Media Play are both divisions of Musicland, which in turn is owned by Best Buy. Could this be the foot in the door to Best Buy?
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#9 OFFLINE   Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 09:55 PM

Media Play has had E* around hear for about 2 years now, however I think they only do the DHP lease.

#10 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 10:04 PM

When I went to the mall today I peaked in the Suncoast (place was packed) and saw the E* display, didn't even realize they sold E*. The one Sam's here doesn't have Dish receivers like they used to. I wish I would have picked up a 301 when they had 'em for $89 . Probably end up getting a 301 from Sears or WalMart to replace our other 2800.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Down With Verizon!

#11 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 12:22 PM

Where can you get the cheapest 508 at new or used?

#12 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 01:07 PM

The cheapest place reported for new 508s is $269 at Costco. Avaliable to new subs and old, no contracts.
Down With Verizon!

#13 OFFLINE   dlsnyder

dlsnyder

Godfather

• Registered
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 12:37 PM

Originally posted by Steve Mehs
The cheapest place reported for new 508s is $269 at Costco. Avaliable to new subs and old, no contracts.

I found that same deal on the internet from The Satellite Guy. I think you have to pay shipping though so that would bring the price up a bit.

spam firewall