Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remote Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dabearswin

dabearswin

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:37 PM

I currently have a Dish 811 hooked up to my plasma tv. The tv is in one room and the receiver is located in the closet behind the tv. This is not a problem with the UHF remote. I want to upgrade to the VIP622DVR but am concerned on the ability to control the receiver with the UHF remote for TV1 in HD. The receiver will only be hooked up to the one tv. The installer said this will not work but they usually are not as experienced as people who actually use the equipment. I read the thread from STLFan and think I have the same issue.

So, in single mode will I be able to control the receiver with the UHF remote?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lakebum431

lakebum431

Icon

• Registered
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:43 PM

Yes, in single mode you can use the UHF Remote no problem.

#3 OFFLINE   dabearswin

dabearswin

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:51 PM

Will the signal be the HD signal

#4 OFFLINE   lakebum431

lakebum431

Icon

• Registered
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

Yes, when you are in single mode you can use both the IR and the UHF remote to control the output (since you are in single mode all of the outputs are the same - HDMI, component, coax, ect.). I have two 622's both are in single mode and I use the regular TV2 remote that comes with them to control them both.

#5 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:10 PM

Yes, when you are in single mode you can use both the IR and the UHF remote to control the output (since you are in single mode all of the outputs are the same - HDMI, component, coax, ect.). I have two 622's both are in single mode and I use the regular TV2 remote that comes with them to control them both.

With single mode and Shared view active, you can use both remotes and TV2 sees the same output as TV1.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

Protected By... spam firewall...And...