Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Picture loss with component video

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   princev911

princev911

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

Hey guys,
Maybe somebody can give me some advice on this before I try to return the unit. I'm using component video cables with my VIP622 and the picture has been dropping out on me for a few seconds at a time, especially when I'm watching prerecorded programming. Basically the television will show its default no input screen, but I still have audio. It's not the cable since I can rewind to the same dropout point over and over. Are there any software upgrades/etc before I box the pile up and send it back to DN? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
John

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   thefunks67

thefunks67

Godfather

• Registered
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:36 PM

John,

I have been using component with my 622 for 6 months and never experienced the issues you are having.

Just a data point.

-Funk

#3 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:08 AM

:welcome_s John,

Have you tried another pair of component cables? Perhaps you have a bad cable. Also I would try changing the output resolution of the 622 and see if that makes a difference. Long shots but steps I would do to try to fully classify the isssue.

How long has the unit been in service? If recent, you might just have gotten a bad unit.

I have component hook up on my 2nd set and it is rock solid.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#4 OFFLINE   teachsac

teachsac

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

Hi and welcome,

Since you say you have 4.09 a few questions.

Was this happening before the update?

Since you say it is happening on prerecorded programming, is it on all dvr'd events or just certain channels. Many of us are having problems with our recorded HD locals since the update.

S~

#5 OFFLINE   princev911

princev911

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

Hey guys,
Thanks for the advice. I've had the unit for about 2 weeks with no problems until the last few days. As far as I can tell the picture loss is happening on all channels, not just HD. I'll try changing the resolution output on the receiver and the cables just to be sure, hopefully it helps. Either I"m in the room more when it's happening or it's getting worse :( If not DN is getting a call tomorrow.
John

spam firewall