Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Summer Television

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:32 PM

I'm a sports nut, but during the summer sports are kind of dead (baseball just doesn't do enough for me). That's when I turn to TV to save me. I've been watching a few different things (Jericho RERUNS..you should watch them too), and I'm really looking forward to who wants to a be a superhero and flash gordon (i guess I'm a scifi nut too!)..what are you guys watching?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:11 PM

MLB Baseball (Yankees mostly or any game in HD)
Jericho Reruns
Tried to Watch John From Cincinnati but I couldn't get into it
I still have the final two episodes of The Shield on my DVR I have to watch

I will be checking out three new series in the coming days

Saving Grace - TNT - Premiers Monday 7/23 10PM
Masters of Science Fiction - ABC - Premiers Saturday 8/4 10PM
Damages - FX - Premiers 7/24 10PM
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#3 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:52 PM

Saving Grace was a little strange, and seemed to take off a little slow but I'll keep watching. Can't wait for Damages tomorrow.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Down With Verizon!

#4 OFFLINE   BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

I hear Damages is going to be outstanding...who wants to a be a superhero(the most comedically entertaining reality show ever) starts thursday...should be entertaining.

#5 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:59 AM

The sci-fi geek in me is glad to have The 4400 and Eureka to watch over the summer. I've also been trying to watch Painkiller Jane, but to be honest it just hasn't grabbed yet, i've watched something like 4 eps and the rest are waiting on the DVR. I was watching Pirate Master for some reason until that got the axe today. I've also been watching Traveller and Last Comic standing. I think that's it for shows i've been watching regularly over the summer.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#6 OFFLINE   Kevin Dupuy

Kevin Dupuy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:00 PM

Monk, Big Brother 8. Although I'm watching a lot of movies this summer for some reason.
Follow me on Twitter, you little stalker :-)
www.CampaignForLiberty.com
www.YALiberty.com

#7 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:47 PM

Watched Damages today. Man that's pretty good. I think it had a stronger premier then Saving Grace.
Down With Verizon!

#8 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:44 PM

Doctor Who, Dirty Jobs, Twin Peaks, Ice Road Truckers, The Universe, UFO Files, Ghost Hunters, Dogfights, My Boys. Here is my top 9 season passes.

#9 OFFLINE   DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:31 AM

Lots of Yankee games
Big Brother (yes, it's a bunch of dumb people and a 3 nights/week commitment, but can't help it)
Rescue Me (great show if you haven't tried it)
Entourage (ditto)
John from Cincinatti (you really have to work with it...a little painful so far, but I'm still trying)
Big Love
DirecTV since 2001, NFLST, EI, and as of 2/8/07, new AU-9 with 2 HR20-700S (1 HDMI, 1 component/RCA), 6X8 multiswitch, and Samsung LNS3252D 32" LCD...eSata Seagate 750GB...12/30/07 new HR20-700S component connected to Phillips 42PFL5332D 42" LCD and HDMI to a little 20" Dynex LCD

spam firewall