Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Sudden 622 crashes
Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:42 PM
1. Picture freezes
2. Screen goes black then all blue
3. Black screen once more all the lights go off
4. "Searching for satellite" screen comes up and freezes. (green/yellow lights back on). There is no "progress" to the search (1 thru 5), and the "help button" is non functional.
Perform soft reset with power button. Hard drive screams for about 30 seconds; all the lights blink; back to "searching for satellite"screen...which might be frozen again or may actually - but very slowly - begin showing progress.
Sometimes take two or 3 resets before we ever get back to an actual picture and sound.
Anybody else had this problem?! Any fix or any idea what's causing it?
Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:13 AM
I know it's not a heat issues since I have two 120mm and a 80mm pc case fans cooling this puppy down:eek2:
Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:46 AM
63 HD DVD
Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:45 AM
65" VT50 / BDP-103D
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44 / AM21N
Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:04 PM
Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:51 PM
Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:27 PM
Since I posted the above the third unit has started the same symptoms, just not as frequent as the last two (yet, I have only had it a couple of days) I think they are sending me "refurbed" units, which probably means some low level tech somewhere takes the failed unit, plugs it in, and watches it for 15 minutes or so before deciding it is ok and repackages it to ship it out again. Evidently they don't consider a non-working HDMI connector to be a problem. I am really getting someone's failed unit as a replacement for the heat fried DSPs in my unit. Got to call tonight and see if I can talk them into sending me an actual new unit so I can get the service I am paying for. Hopefully the laptop cooler will keep a new unit working longer than a few months.