Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sky Angel channels gone expect 3ABN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:06 PM

A couple of days ago i noticed my TVU recordings were not recording. Then i noticed that all my sky angel channels were missing except 3ABN. I know my dish is working because i get the channel that says congrats you have a dish pointed at 61.5.

Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,909 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:44 PM

Perhaps your subscription was canceled?

Are you a lifetime sub who did not return the mailer opting in or out of the "secular channels"?
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:52 PM

when was this sent out? i have never received anything about the secular channels i thought that was done long time ago
yes lifetime

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,909 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:08 PM

It was discussed in this thread: Sky Angel Lifetime subscription changes

If you didn't receive a notice perhaps you moved or SkyAngel otherwise lost track of your address. Give them a call to tomorrow and complain ... they should be able to turn your channels back on (although not immediately).

It seems that SkyAngel assumed no response from a lifetime customer meant that the customer no longer wanted the service. They have been cutting off customers that did not respond. :(
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   rcwilcox

rcwilcox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:44 PM

It was discussed in this thread: Sky Angel Lifetime subscription changes

It seems that SkyAngel assumed no response from a lifetime customer meant that the customer no longer wanted the service. They have been cutting off customers that did not respond. :(

that is exqactly true but in the letter they clearly said if you did not return the form they would cut off your 4 secular not everything yet that is what happened.

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,909 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:19 PM

What they didn't say was that if you failed to return the letter they would disconnect everything. If I were still a SkyAngel subscriber I'd be ticked about that.

They do seem to be restoring service when people complain ... including the four secular channels even for people who opted out. If I were a SkyAngel lifetime subscriber who agreed to pay for the secular pack I'd be ticked about that too!

At this point with SkyAngel it is more of a case of reporting what they are doing instead of taking them at their word.

#7 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

I filled out the form and sent it in right away. I too got disconnected. First I called E* since I just had my 921 replaced (the R00/S00 numbers on the SA form were from my old 921). E* confirmed that SA requested my shutoff, so I called SA. The SA CSR said they never got my form! I only sent it in under 24 hours, wasn't that fast enough? They said it may have gotten lost in the mail (yea right, and my dog ate my homework).

Anyway I gave them my new R00/S00 and told them I was not interested in paying extra for the secular channels since I already get them on E* (well all except for HMC). Anyway my SA channels came back on and guess what? I still have the "secular 4".

I'd trade those in a heartbeat to get Familyland back.

I'm a lifetime sub. After this episode SA has sent me a bill for $0.00. What a waste! Wait, they put advertisements inserts in the bill, just like E*'s bills. They must be making $$$ off these inserts.
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...