Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pirate Master on 7/24?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:33 AM

Is Pirate Master going to be on on 7/24? It's not in my HR20 guide - my guide is showing 48 Hours. I checked CBS website and it doesn't definitively say either way but they way I read it, it makes it sound like it is on. Anyone know?
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,649 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:13 AM

No idea. Seems to be some confusion. There is a post on the CBS board for the show, but it's the same as your's, wondering if the episode will air. The CBS site for the show still says it airs on Tuesdays.... Either it's a glitch with the guide info, or the show isn't airing. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

#3 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,278 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:18 AM

Not on the Comcast EPG either.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#4 ONLINE   IndyMichael

IndyMichael

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 924 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:05 PM

Just checked my Tivo To Do list and it's not there. Under recording history it says "This program will not be recorded because it is no longer in the program guide.

Very odd, I told it to record it anyway, it's now on the to do list, but the guide still doesn't show it's on.

#5 OFFLINE   Dr_J

Dr_J

Icon

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

It's still on the To Do list for 7/31, but it's a different episode title. I don't know what to say. It could be the end of the line.

If they cancel it, maybe they'll post the unaired episodes on their website.

#6 OFFLINE   allen98311

allen98311

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

Its not on my Media Center guide or on Zap2It. It is on one of my Dish Network receivers, but the one that it is not on gets updated later in the day. It looks like it was going to be on at 8:00 (PDT) on Tuesday, but NCIS is listed now.

#7 ONLINE   IndyMichael

IndyMichael

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 924 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:23 PM

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - CBS has scuttled "Pirate Master," a low-rated reality series from "Survivor" producer Mark Burnett.

The show, in which 16 contestants searched for buried treasure, has struggled since its May 31 premiere, falling short of time-slot leader "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" on Fox. It marks the second flop for Burnett this summer, with his Fox series "On the Lot" also suffering in the ratings.

"Pirate Master" will be yanked this week from its 8 p.m. Thursday slot in favor of newsmagazine "48 Hours" during the next two weeks. Drama repeats are expected to fill the slot in August. The five remaining episodes from the ratings-starved series will be streamed on CBS.com and the CBS Audience Network on Tuesdays.

http://news.yahoo.co...r3k2Qm8hEVkM3wV

#8 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:55 PM

Does not surprise me.. I found the show rather flat and got rather repetitious quickly. However, I am enjoying "On the Lot" and hope that does not get the axe. Was surprises me is that it is not in HD. Coming guys. Show about making movies... Should be in HD.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#9 OFFLINE   Capmeister

Capmeister

Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:43 AM

I have to say, I wasn't impressed with the show. It had some interesting people on, but failed to really make use of them by having too structured a show. I have 4 episodes on my DVR that I've not seen, and I plan to just delete them now.
--Cap

-------------------------
TVSHOWBOARDS.COM

#10 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:27 AM

I am enjoying "On the Lot" and hope that does not get the axe. Was surprises me is that it is not in HD. Coming guys. Show about making movies... Should be in HD.

Mark Burnett is very anti-HD for whatever reason. Even his 'studio' shows (like On The Lot) he won't do in HD. I can understand Survivor not being HD I guess.
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#11 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

It was definitely one of those shows where I wondered why I was watching it, but I kept watching it anyway. One thing that annoyed me is that they seemed to make it too difficult for the crew to mutiny, I think it would've made it more interesting if they could've shaken things up a bit more. That and for people that were supposed to be acting like pirates they seemed awfully constrained by the rules. You'd think there'd be more people bending and breaking the rules as you'd expect an actual pirate to do, not sure if the show constrained them from doing so or maybe the contestants were a bit too conservative in their approach. Oh well, I guess the few of us that were actually watching the show don't really have to worry about it anymore unless we want to make the effort to figure out how to watch it online.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#12 OFFLINE   allen98311

allen98311

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:43 PM

It was definitely one of those shows where I wondered why I was watching it, but I kept watching it anyway. One thing that annoyed me is that they seemed to make it too difficult for the crew to mutiny, I think it would've made it more interesting if they could've shaken things up a bit more. That and for people that were supposed to be acting like pirates they seemed awfully constrained by the rules. You'd think there'd be more people bending and breaking the rules as you'd expect an actual pirate to do, not sure if the show constrained them from doing so or maybe the contestants were a bit too conservative in their approach. Oh well, I guess the few of us that were actually watching the show don't really have to worry about it anymore unless we want to make the effort to figure out how to watch it online.

They are on cbs.com
go to full episodes, and click on Pirate Master.

#13 OFFLINE   Dr_J

Dr_J

Icon

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:05 PM

It wasn't the best watching it on a 17" CRT computer monitor, but it beats not seeing it at all. The video feed initially had trouble buffering, and using Real Player it advanced one frame at a time. Switching to Windows Media Player smoothed things out. Interesting twists and turns tonight.

Once this is done, I'm sticking with Survivor and that's it for "reality TV." Who wants to take a chance on getting hooked on a series and then have it yanked off the air?

#14 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:21 PM

Well I attempted to watch it online and everything went well for the first three segments. But the last segment (ya know the most important part) wouldn't load for me. Tried getting it to refresh after waiting and waiting and it went back to the beginning of segment one. FF through the first three segments (waiting for the commercial between each of course) and got to segment four and once again it just spun it's wheels until it just finally timed out. Maybe i'll try again tomorrow, seems like a lot of work just trying to watch a show!

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#15 ONLINE   IndyMichael

IndyMichael

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 924 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:36 PM

How many freakin channels does CBS own and they can't finish out the season of one of them?

#16 OFFLINE   Capmeister

Capmeister

Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:53 AM

I deleted the 4 shows I had on my DVR and won't go to CBS to watch it. It just wasn't compelling enough.
--Cap

-------------------------
TVSHOWBOARDS.COM

#17 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:24 AM

Well i've now managed successfully to watch the last two eps online. I suppose since i'm not really watching too many shows on tv this summer it's not too hard to fit into my schedule. I'm not sure i'd want to watch shows over the net on my computer screen on a regular basis, but there's a certain novelty to it I guess. As far as the show itself goes it got slightly more interesting after they deposed Azmyth but still pretty much the same ol', same ol' other than that. So far Jay has been playing the rest of the crew like a fiddle, but if everyone else every catches on he's in big trouble. I think one thing that would improve the show is if they'd keep us updated on how much money each player has.

#18 OFFLINE   Dr_J

Dr_J

Icon

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:30 PM

Jay would have been a good player on Survivor. He understands the scheming nature of the game. I think he's going to get caught next week, though.

#19 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:02 PM

But if you still intend to watch it and haven't yet, *spoiler alert* stop reading now!

Ok well Jay couldn't scheme his way all the way to the end, he came pretty close but ultimately it bit him in the @$$ right at the end and kept him from competing for the big $$$. Ya know it's kind of ironic that this show got yanked from tv since they couldn't have had two more pretty made for tv contestants in the final two. But hey in the end I can't say I was disappointed with Ben winning, he was in the thick of it for the whole show, always one of the strongest and played just the right balance of being a good decent person and being a little scheming from time to time to come out on top.

On a tragic aside here, one of the competitors on the show (Cheryl) commited suicide and the final episode was dedicated to her memory.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...