Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 remote questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   heathramos

heathramos

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:05 AM

Is it possible to just turn the tv off with the HR20 remote w/o sliding the a/v selector to tv?

I could do it that way but it is just a pain. Using the other on/off buttons seems to turn off the receiver as well.

also...I saw the antenna for the RF option. Will the remote that comes with the HR20 do both or is it that the receiver supports both and I would have to get a different remote?
3 HR20's
1 Channel Master 4228 antenna in attic
1 Samsung 55" LCD (connected using hdmi cable)
1 Samsung 46" LCD (connected using hdmi cable)
1 Panasonic 42" Plasma (connected using hdmi cable)
1 Popcorn Hour A-400
1 Popcorn Hour C-200

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:30 PM

Is it possible to just turn the tv off with the HR20 remote w/o sliding the a/v selector to tv?

Short of walking to the TV and turning it off there. No.

I could do it that way but it is just a pain. Using the other on/off buttons seems to turn off the receiver as well.

also...I saw the antenna for the RF option. Will the remote that comes with the HR20 do both or is it that the receiver supports both and I would have to get a different remote?

It should, look on the back of the remote for a FCC ID sticker. There are the RC32RF, RC34 and not sure which of the RC64s are RF.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#3 OFFLINE   nellee

nellee

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:51 PM

My tv (Philips plasma) turns on AND off when I just hit the "ON" button on the remote.

So basically the "ON" button won't do anything to my receiver, but it will turn the tv on or off.

#4 OFFLINE   JeffWill

JeffWill

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

The remote that came with my HR20 has On/Off buttons (top right) labeled DTV/TV. After I programed the remote for my TV it works fine to turn the HR20 and TV on or off without regard to where the slide switch is. My remote can be set up for either IR or RF between the remote and the HR20. In the RF mode it still sends IR signals for the TV, Stereo and DVD player. Just a thought.

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 04:30 PM

There are several excellent learning remotes available. I prefer the Harmony line, but there are many other low-cost choices.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   Nachosgrande

Nachosgrande

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:48 PM

There are several excellent learning remotes available. I prefer the Harmony line, but there are many other low-cost choices.

when I hit DTV/TV Power button, it turns on TV and Receiver together. I don't remember setting this up on the remote (perhaps the installer did).

#7 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,889 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

when I hit DTV/TV Power button, it turns on TV and Receiver together. I don't remember setting this up on the remote (perhaps the installer did).

yes he did, part of their install

#8 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:01 PM

It was setup by just entering a tv code. There is no way to turn off or on this feature, except by trying different tv codes one might map commands to TV ON & OFF keys, where another doesn't.
aka Tivoburkee

#9 OFFLINE   Chuck W

Chuck W

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

I would have much prefered for those ON/OFF buttons to turn off the TV and the Receiver(AV1) instead of the TV and HR20.

#10 OFFLINE   tgater

tgater

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:22 AM

I would have much prefered for those ON/OFF buttons to turn off the TV and the Receiver(AV1) instead of the TV and HR20.

I wonder if this made it to the wish list? I never turn off my HR20.

#11 OFFLINE   sjordan93436

sjordan93436

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

I have an HR10 and am thinking of upgrading. I have an anthem AVM pre processor. The Anthem codes are not common.

My wife likes to pick up one small remote with dedicated buttons and a working volume control. No a large do everything remote.

Does the HR 20 learn?

#12 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:58 AM

The HR20 remote is not a learning remote.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

spam firewall