Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Autoloading TVersity? How?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jacobp

jacobp

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:03 PM

I am using the latest version of TVersity on my WinXP Pro machine. I've created a new user name called TVersity and I've given it administrator rights and I've modified the Services tab as suggested in the TVersity help.

But the TVersity Server is not starting up when I turn on my computer. I always have to double click on the TVersity icon and then start the server manually.

How do I get the TVersity server to fire up on Windows boot up?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   acomire

acomire

AllStar

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:58 AM

I am using the latest version of TVersity on my WinXP Pro machine. I've created a new user name called TVersity and I've given it administrator rights and I've modified the Services tab as suggested in the TVersity help.

But the TVersity Server is not starting up when I turn on my computer. I always have to double click on the TVersity icon and then start the server manually.

How do I get the TVersity server to fire up on Windows boot up?

When you go here: Right Click MyComputer>Manage>Services & Applications>Services and you go to the properties of TVersityMediaServer, what is the startup type? It should be automatic. Can you start it manually?
Hughes SD-DVR40 - 160gb
HR22-100
H20 - LG
HR10-250 - Stock
HR21-700
RCA DVR40 $14.95 DirecTV refurb special - Stock
Hughes E25 standard receiver - in garage
5-LNB Slimline Dish

#3 OFFLINE   jwd45244

jwd45244

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:19 AM

If what acomire told you does not work. Look for firedaemon (http://www.firedaemon.com) it is a tool that can take any program and make it a service.
-- Jim D.
DirecTV sub. since 1998
Slimline w/ SWM LNB---- (mounted on CommDeck) ----> SWM Power Inserter -----> CM4002IFD Diplexer
Winegard OTA Antenna ------------------> CM7777 OTA Amplifier ----------------> CM4002IFD Diplexer
CM4002IFD Diplexer ----> STS-4 splitter ----> HR20-700 - Vizio VO32L, HR20-700 - SDTV, HR21-200 (w/ AM21) - Vizio VX42L, HR21-200 - SDTV; CM4001IFD as splitting diplexer on all legs; All networked

#4 OFFLINE   jacobp

jacobp

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

When you go here: Right Click MyComputer>Manage>Services & Applications>Services and you go to the properties of TVersityMediaServer, what is the startup type? It should be automatic. Can you start it manually?

It is set to "Automatic" and I can start it maually. I setup a separate user account called TVersity since my user account does not require a password. Do I need to include TVersity in my StartUp folder?

#5 OFFLINE   acomire

acomire

AllStar

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:19 PM

It is set to "Automatic" and I can start it maually. I setup a separate user account called TVersity since my user account does not require a password. Do I need to include TVersity in my StartUp folder?

No you do not have to put it in your Startup folder. Having no password will cause issues - not knowing if your PC is part of a domain or not, policies may be preventing blank passwords. Give the TVersity user account a password like "password" and make sure you modify the log on properties for the service account trying to start the TVersityMediaServer service.

Let us know.....

AJ
Hughes SD-DVR40 - 160gb
HR22-100
H20 - LG
HR10-250 - Stock
HR21-700
RCA DVR40 $14.95 DirecTV refurb special - Stock
Hughes E25 standard receiver - in garage
5-LNB Slimline Dish

spam firewall