Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help! Need 17e testing help for a new function!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jheda

jheda

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:30 AM

Earls release notes state: "Playback of currrently recording show is paused if user toggles to live and
back (SLB)"

this appears to means the LIVE SHOW remains paused as you toggle to the recorded show, and u toggle by going to the recorded show with List and back to live with Exit.

I forced 17e last night and tested this many different ways (a recording show, a recorded show, pausing the recording when exiting etc.) and couldnt get the nonrecorded "live" buffer to hold its pause after exiting the recorded show.

Can anyone make the live buffer remain paused and if so what are the exact steps that worked? Is this a bug and not performing yet or user error on my part?

Once its working i will ask it to be added to tips and tricks as this is a much improved workaround.

thanks guys!!!!

JHEDA

we miss you EARL

[SIZE="2"]Hr-24
Hr21-700 
Sony kds60a2000 yamaha 750 DD5.1 via components
Samsung DVD player via hdmi..r10 in playroom:)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:51 AM

I think you misunderstood the release notes. This fix just affects the recorded show that you are watching. It now stays paused. The live show still does not stay paused.

If you want both to be paused, then both need to be recorded and played back from the list.

Hopefully, they will address live play next and be able to keep the pause point on that as well.
DogLover

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   jheda

jheda

DBSTalk Club Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:35 AM

Earl, is Doglover correct, or did the new feature not impliment in 17e appropriately? I dont want people testing soemthing that has simply been misinterpreted....

thanks!

JHEDA

we miss you EARL

[SIZE="2"]Hr-24
Hr21-700 
Sony kds60a2000 yamaha 750 DD5.1 via components
Samsung DVD player via hdmi..r10 in playroom:)

#4 OFFLINE   puffnstuff

puffnstuff

Icon

• Registered
  • 746 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

I'm pretty sure Doglover is right it has been that way for the last 2 CE's and now the NR . Also it only works if you pick the show from list not if you try it right after pressing record on a live show .

Protected By... spam firewall...And...