Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Power outage - Nothing but black after HR20 reboot - Unpluging fixed it

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kenwood

Kenwood

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:53 AM

It's Monsoon season now in Phoenix. So with the intense lighting storms, the power goes out. With this I've had my 1st problems with the HR20.

It reboots (I see the blue swirling), but when it stops, my screen is black (via HMDI), I switch the inputs on the remote and I see video on my HR10-250. The only way to fix it was to unplug the HR20. Problem fixed.

Then yesterday, the power blew during the afternoon (as the clocks were blicking that 6 hours had past since they reset). So the HR20 is STILL doing the Blue swirling, so I switched to that input (as we always watch the Tivo) and Black screen. Once again I had to plug the plug to get it working right again.

Thoughts?

I know some will just recommend a...UPS. What would you recommend for a HR20, HR10-250 and a Sony 60 inch A2000 SXRD? Links? Thanks guys

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rlgold88

rlgold88

Godfather

• Registered
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:18 AM

I had the same thing happen to mine awhile back and had to unplug thr hr20 to get going again. I was told in the forum to by a ups system that may help.

But I already had an expensive surge protector and didnt have the money to invest on power backup for it. Found a fairly cheap backup system from triplite omni1000.
I have the hr20, hr10-250, and 60 inch sony xbr2 sxrd connected to it and since then I have not had a problem. Eventhough you only have about 10 min to half an hour (Everthing off) of backup power it must make it less hard on the hr20.

I plugged in the triplite omni to the expensive surge protector so that all the equipment will be protected joules wise.
triplite omni 1000 for around $100.

Rob

Protected By... spam firewall...And...