Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fox Sports Midwest - HD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger

Icon

• Registered
  • 598 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:23 PM

I live in the St. Louis DMA and Fox Sports Midwest is on channel 647. Right now it's showing the Cardinals-Cubs game. The Guide has it listed as being in HD - has HD next to the program name in the guide and the description says it's in high def also. But the broadcast isn't in HD. I know FSN Midwest does broadcast some games in HD, but why is the guide info saying HD when D* is not showing it?

I just checked, and D* isn't simul-casting it on any of the other HD channels as they sometimes do.

Anyone else seeing this?

HR24-100 Toshiba 55SV670U | HDMI to Denon AVR-1909| Native On | All Resolutions Selected | DD On | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| OTA setup | Harmony One
HR24-100 Philips 37PFL5322D/37 | HDMI to TV | Native on | All resolutions Selected | DD Off | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| OTA setup | Harmony 880
HR21-700 Sony KDL40V2500| HDMI to TV | Digital Optical Audio out to Yamaha HTR-5490| Native On | All Resolutions selected | DD On | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| Harmony 880

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:03 PM

Have you checked channels 96 or 97?
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   St Louis Cardinals Fan

St Louis Cardinals Fan

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:10 PM

I live in the St. Louis DMA and Fox Sports Midwest is on channel 647. Right now it's showing the Cardinals-Cubs game. The Guide has it listed as being in HD - has HD next to the program name in the guide and the description says it's in high def also. But the broadcast isn't in HD. I know FSN Midwest does broadcast some games in HD, but why is the guide info saying HD when D* is not showing it?

I just checked, and D* isn't simul-casting it on any of the other HD channels as they sometimes do.

Anyone else seeing this?

I see what you are saying. 647 does have the HD Icon but it's not in HD. Nor is it on channel 94/95.
St Louis Cardinals - 2006 & 2011 World Series Champions
HR20-700 ( using HDMI ) 1 TB ESATA
HR21-700 HDMI to 42 LCD TV (Vizo)
5 LNB , Zinwell 6 x 8
H20

#4 OFFLINE   Smuuth

Smuuth

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:48 PM

Anyone else seeing this?

If you are receiving HD locals, and if the FSN is being broadcast in HD, it will be on channel 96 or 97 as noted by DCSholtis. It will be a MPEG4 broadcast.
Eschew Obfuscation!

Patriot Guard Riders

#5 OFFLINE   sjso395

sjso395

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:51 PM

Anyone else seeing this?

I was just coming on here to post this same question. During the broadcast, J.B. said the following are showing this game in HD, Comcast on channel #-- and Dish Network on channel #-- . Sucks, I am a huge Cardinals fan in Louisiana and they never show Cardinals games in HD unless ESPN is covering it.

#6 OFFLINE   sdk009

sdk009

Icon

• Registered
  • 670 posts
  • LocationStanislaus County Farmland

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:56 PM

It's an errror in the EPG. This has been going on for over a 2 years.

#7 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:25 PM

I was just coming on here to post this same question. During the broadcast, J.B. said the following are showing this game in HD, Comcast on channel #-- and Dish Network on channel #-- . Sucks, I am a huge Cardinals fan in Louisiana and they never show Cardinals games in HD unless ESPN is covering it.

Wait till September when the HD RSNs go CONUS you'll get em then. (Though I assume you would still need Superfan).
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#8 OFFLINE   cnmsales

cnmsales

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

Will all RSN's go HD? If not how can I know if the Kansas City RSN will be in HD or not?

#9 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:49 PM

Not all Fox RSNs do games in HD everynight you'll have to keep checking to whatever schedules are out there either in the EPG or on D*s site come September. The ONLY RSNs that are 24/7 are YES, SNY, and the Comcast Sports Nets I believe. The rest are all part time.
Dan Sholtis

#10 OFFLINE   cnmsales

cnmsales

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:51 PM

Do these channels or networks have websites?

Were would I go to find out more info on KC's RSN?

#11 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:14 PM

KCs RSN (RSTN) is going off the air after this season. Starting next year Royals games will be on FSN Midwest. RSTN never did any games in HD so if you want Royals in HD wait till next year.
Dan Sholtis

#12 OFFLINE   cnmsales

cnmsales

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:31 PM

So whats that mean? Does that mean there will be two FSMW as I have heard rumored in the past. If not then how will it be decided what game will be aired if both Cards and Royals are both playing at the same time? Also, and Im guessing here but this would seem like it would mean that more games would be carried in HD?

#13 OFFLINE   MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 598 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:07 AM

So whats that mean? Does that mean there will be two FSMW as I have heard rumored in the past. If not then how will it be decided what game will be aired if both Cards and Royals are both playing at the same time? Also, and Im guessing here but this would seem like it would mean that more games would be carried in HD?

Yes, I believe so. Actually, here in the St. Louis area, my Guide shows 2 FSMW channels (647 & 648). Channel 647 shows St. Louis sports programming and 648 usually has KC sports programming listed. I can't view 648 here - it is blacked out.

HR24-100 Toshiba 55SV670U | HDMI to Denon AVR-1909| Native On | All Resolutions Selected | DD On | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| OTA setup | Harmony One
HR24-100 Philips 37PFL5322D/37 | HDMI to TV | Native on | All resolutions Selected | DD Off | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| OTA setup | Harmony 880
HR21-700 Sony KDL40V2500| HDMI to TV | Digital Optical Audio out to Yamaha HTR-5490| Native On | All Resolutions selected | DD On | Network - ethernet to U-Verse RG| Harmony 880

#14 OFFLINE   Mikey

Mikey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:16 AM

Just so you know, the Cards/Cubs game was on Dish channel 368 (FSNMW-HD) last night, in HD.

#15 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

It means the same thing as it does now. (Split feed of FSMW as stated above). The Cards games will probably remain on the main feed (647) and the Royals stay on (648) which will remain a part time channel as it is currently.
Dan Sholtis

#16 OFFLINE   spiderman865

spiderman865

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:07 PM

It means the same thing as it does now. (Split feed of FSMW as stated above). The Cards games will probably remain on the main feed (647) and the Royals stay on (648) which will remain a part time channel as it is currently.

Same as FSN North does with Twins and Brewer games.

#17 OFFLINE   jkoeller

jkoeller

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:51 AM

Being a Cardinal fan, I've been trying to figure this out since Spring Training started... When the announcer of the game that's being simulcast in HD list the service providers and channel numbers that the game is on, there's no mention of D* at all; just a couple cable providers and Dish Network.

On D*'s website, if you follow the menu tree to "Programming > HD Channels > HD Sports", you will not see FSN Midwest listed in the RSN section. I just looked over the list of HD channels that are supposed to be coming in the Fall, and FSN Midwest is not listed under the RSN's there, either. My Google searches have been fruitless, so I'm just making an assumption that D* & FSNMW could not come to any kind of agreement to air the HD content. :(
Samsung LN-S5296D, 1080P 52" LCD
HR20-700, HDMI and optical audio
Sony STR-DE945 Reciever
Sony DVP-NS75H Upconverting DVD, HDMI & optical audio
APC BX1500LCD UPS Online
Harmony 676 Remote - Worth its weight in gold!
AT9, Zinwell WB68

#18 OFFLINE   dorfmunder

dorfmunder

Pick 'em off, Yadi!

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

I was bummed when I figured this out as well. But since the last software upgrade, I'm getting Cards games in HD on all kinds of channels. Is anyone else? It recorded tonight's FSN-broadcasted game (worth seeing twice, WTG Ankiel!!!) on both channel 94 & 730. I also got a game a few nights ago on 94. When in LB view on certain things like older replays or whatever, the sidebars say FSN-HD. Channel 647 is still working as well in SD.

I don't subscribe to the MLB package, and was wondering if this is happening to everyone or a flukey (but welcome) thing happening to me?

ETA: OMG, I'm starting to realize that I suddenly have full-featured MLB Extra Innings without me ever ordering it! I have all the interactive real-time scores, the mix channel, etc. Holy crap! I was going to order it next season, wished I had this year but wasn't going to lay the clams out this close to the end of the season.

Um, so yeah...see if it's working for anyone else in StL!
- Melanie, a chick who enjoys the finer things: baseball, geeky gadgets, my v-dub, yarn, & coffee.

My Setup

#19 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:39 AM

A D* CSR told me that right now it's a spot-beam issue. I explained to her everything that is going on with the new sats, but she still was not sure of herself. Hopefully, we'll see the FSN Midwest in HD.

#20 OFFLINE   rjdude

rjdude

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

Being a Cardinal fan, I've been trying to figure this out since Spring Training started... When the announcer of the game that's being simulcast in HD list the service providers and channel numbers that the game is on, there's no mention of D* at all; just a couple cable providers and Dish Network.

On D*'s website, if you follow the menu tree to "Programming > HD Channels > HD Sports", you will not see FSN Midwest listed in the RSN section. I just looked over the list of HD channels that are supposed to be coming in the Fall, and FSN Midwest is not listed under the RSN's there, either. My Google searches have been fruitless, so I'm just making an assumption that D* & FSNMW could not come to any kind of agreement to air the HD content. :(

That is not necessarily the issue THIS year because of satellite capacity constraints. D* is "selectively" choosing a minimum of two baseball games for MLBEI each day (not including ESPN, locals etc.). This limits what or if they offer any of the RSN HD feeds (again due to capacity issues). It's been announced --starting next year-- (that once the new SATS are up and running) that D* will be able to carry the majority, if not all, of games that are broadcast in HD. So if you subscribe to E.I., you'll be able to see the majority of the games in HD. If you don't, then you'll see your local RSN in HD (if they broadcast in HD) or from a local channel (which may or may not broadcast in HD).

spam firewall