Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FF Hold to "jump" to live...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chuck W

Chuck W

Icon

• Registered
  • 824 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:48 PM

doesn't quite jump to live. Most of the time, it jumpt to what seems like the end, but it's still about 5 seconds from the real end. I think what it is doing is jumping you to what WAS the endpoint, when you began pressing and holding the FF button, but by the time it jumped, the recording has alrady proceeded the 3 seconds you had to hold the button, plus the time it takes to actually move to the end.

I always would use the FF hold to jump the the live and it would always pause, when I left it. If I do the FF jump to end and THEN FF a bit more, I actually do get to the end/live part of the program and it won't pause.

BTW, because of this, I stumbled on this little quirk...

when I would record 2 programs, to simulate DLB, when I would swap away from a recording, if that recording was left at a point prior that wasn't at the actual end(aka "live") point, it would always get paused, when I left. I'd then have to always FF to the end, when I returned, to get back to "live". However, if it WAS at the end(aka. "live"), when I left it, it would continue to play, in the background and when I swapped back, I would already be at the live/end point and wouldn't have to FF to live, when I returned. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. If it is, I missed it. :D

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...